Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPCOMING PICK EMs JUNE 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say put as many fights as possible. Those that get ahead by only picking the big fights will give others a chance to redeem themselves if the leaders don't pick the lower level/international fights

Comment

Okay gentlemen - I'm gonna leave the poll running, but time's a pressing and I need to get a thread up for this weeks Pick Ems.

As things stand we got the WBSS Cruiser bouts from Latvia, Warrington vs Galahad from Leeds and Barrera vs Hart from Vegas for this weekend, but the pair of Cruiserweight bouts from Ekaterineburg on Sunday don't quite make the cut (unless we see a sudden surge in votes for Kudryashov vs Makabu over the next 24 hours or so).

Ioka vs Palicte still hasn't got enough interest even counting the comments in thread body before it was added to the poll... if you want that one in and you couldn't vote on it cos you'd voted before it was added please let me know.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-12-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Have you guys made threads for this weekend pick'ems yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Okay gentlemen - I'm gonna leave the poll running, but time's a pressing and I need to get a thread up for this weeks Pick Ems.

As things stand we got the WBSS Cruiser bouts from Latvia, Warrington vs Galahad from Leeds and Barrera vs Hart from Vegas for this weekend, but the pair of Cruiserweight bouts from Ekaterineburg on Sunday don't quite make the cut (unless we see a sudden surge in votes for Kudryashov vs Makabu over the next 24 hours or so).
          It only got 4 votes less than the Charlo one and is a true pick'em

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            It only got 4 votes less than the Charlo one and is a true pick'em
            Kudryashov vs Makabu? If there ever was a fight in which a KO is guaranteed this has to be it. I was expecting it to get in, but it's not looking likely now. I suppose I could just go ahead and include it anyway, but that rather defeats the purpose of putting it to the poll. Personally I'd prefer Egorov - Perez if I had to pick just one, but I've been looking forward to see what Egorov can do against a pro opponent since I first saw him in the ams back in '13.

I'm just about to put up the thread for the other 4 fights this weekend now, but since the Ekaterineburg fights are on Sunday I'll let that poll run til tomorrow eve before making a call.... if you can drum up some support for it (ie 4 more votes) in the next 24 I'll put it in... if it's people who already voted on the poll they can always post in the thread to indicate support for it.

Comment

None of you dudes even notice that Fury vs Schwarz wasn't on the PICK EM list or is it just that y'all care as little as I do about it?

Only realised I'd missed it when I was checking the odds for Barrera vs Hart...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                None of you dudes even notice that Fury vs Schwarz wasn't on the PICK EM list or is it just that y'all care as little as I do about it?

Only realised I'd missed it when I was checking the odds for Barrera vs Hart...
                .... Nah, Like I said, I noticed bro, just you've never mentioned it all, and it never occurred to me that wasn't intentional. Figured you were intentially omitting it for some reason. A pitiful matchup perhaps ?
                But hey, like you said, Tommy pulls an Andy and we're all - Uhhhh... Errrrr…. I KNEW ALL ALONG that was going to happen ! I TOLD you, and you wouldn't LISTEN ! Haaaa

Edit: Nobody was going to mention it and have you go...."You serious ?"
                Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 06-14-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                  .... Nah, Like I said, I noticed bro, just you've never mentioned it all, and it never occurred to me that wasn't intentional. Figured you were intentially omitting it for some reason. A pitiful matchup perhaps ?
                  But hey, like you said, Tommy pulls an Andy and we're all - Uhhhh... Errrrr…. I KNEW ALL ALONG that was going to happen ! I TOLD you, and you wouldn't LISTEN ! Haaaa

Edit: Nobody was going to mention it and have you go...."You serious ?"

Ha ha.. kinda wish it had been intentional. If we were just going off my preference the Pick Ems would be mainly actual pick em fights - 2:1 odds at widest, even if we had to go to undercards and exotic locations to find 'em, but I think a balance has to be struck between the fights that involve major draws and are on the major outlets (which are unfortunately all too often mismatches) and those that require a little more knowledge to predict...

I try to be led by what most players want and the past polling has shown that the big fights tend to be favoured, but there is a fairly sizable minority wants more and more balanced fights included (as the Kudryashov - Makabu poll suggests). That said I am planning a similar poll for July's fights and I'm thinking of maybe setting the bar a bit lower at 50% of responses to the poll instead of the fairly rough and ready estimate of 50% of all active players... in this case that would mean an 18 required votes instead of 20 which would have had Kudryashov - Makabu in.

EDIT: And I'm still disappointed few other people wanted Egorov - Perez in... I was pushing pretty hard for that one, but not too many were biting and I suspect those that did are mainly the guys that just want every fight possible in to get their scores up.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-15-2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X