Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We Have Plans For Teofimo Lopez That Don't Involve WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: We Have Plans For Teofimo Lopez That Don't Involve WBC

Top Rank will openly embrace the World Boxing Council (WBC) ruling that as Vasiliy Lomachenko fighting for its lightweight title. The other ordered lightweight fights weren't met with quite as much interest. An overwhelming vote by the WBC Board of Governers ruled in favor of a petition filed by Lomachenko
    [Click Here To Read More]

This line from Bob is actually rational and makes sense assuming Loma and Lopez actually fight within a reasonable period of time once they hold all 4 titles between them.

Comment

My question, Is Lou Dibella and Commey down with that plan? I sure hope so, because this is getting real good! I can't see Commey, the Champion, agreeing to fight Lopez for the right to face Lomachenko. He was already supposed to be fighting Lomachenko, but he was injured! Why wouldn't he just wait to fight Lomachenko "for all the marbles?" Once Dibella confirms, I'll exhale! Commey trains in Brooklyn, and Teofimo is from Brooklyn! MSG ON FIRE!

Comment

Interesting, good that Nakatani getting a shot instead of being shoved aside.

Can see a few problems, mainly that Commey wants Loma direct. Interesting to see if and how Bob makes it happen, but not sure he can.
        - money might do it, but would have to be a lot as Loma is the glamour fight for Commey, plus it will have belts on the line that Teo doesn't have. And Bob not the best at paying for what he wants.
        - force mandatory (with a little help from IBF) ? Unification trumps mandatory, and if Commey targeting Loma in Dec, then can't see that happening unless Bob withholds Loma or lowballs Commey for the Loma fight (which would require screwing over Loma as Loma wants it as much as Commey).
        - Even if he can get Commey in with Teo, what's the earliest ? Presumably around October (?), then Teo v Loma 2020, but Teo is already saying he can't see the year out at 135, so what gives ?

Can't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          My question, Is Lou Dibella and Commey down with that plan? I sure hope so, because this is getting real good! I can't see Commey, the Champion, agreeing to fight Lopez for the right to face Lomachenko. He was already supposed to be fighting Lomachenko, but he was injured! Why wouldn't he just wait to fight Lomachenko "for all the marbles?" Once Dibella confirms, I'll exhale! Commey trains in Brooklyn, and Teofimo is from Brooklyn! MSG ON FIRE!
          comney didn't want to face loma next either he wants a tune up and it doesn't matter what commey or dibella want lopez is going to be his mandatory next after he beats his next opponent. he'll be the ibf mandatory and the ibf doesn't mess around commey has to fight lopez or get stripped of his belt. commey screwed up and tried to milk his title before fighting loma and it just backfired!

Comment

If you win a vacant WBC belt you have to fight the mandatory immediately after, right?

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
              Interesting, good that Nakatani getting a shot instead of being shoved aside.

Can see a few problems, mainly that Commey wants Loma direct. Interesting to see if and how Bob makes it happen, but not sure he can.
              - money might do it, but would have to be a lot as Loma is the glamour fight for Commey, plus it will have belts on the line that Teo doesn't have. And Bob not the best at paying for what he wants.
              - force mandatory (with a little help from IBF) ? Unification trumps mandatory, and if Commey targeting Loma in Dec, then can't see that happening unless Bob withholds Loma or lowballs Commey for the Loma fight (which would require screwing over Loma as Loma wants it as much as Commey).
              - Even if he can get Commey in with Teo, what's the earliest ? Presumably around October (?), then Teo v Loma 2020, but Teo is already saying he can't see the year out at 135, so what gives ?

Can't see it happening.
              lomachenko becoming undisputed is definitely happening he's fighting campbell for the wbc belt in sept then winner of lopez vs comey or comey gets stripped for refusing to fight lopez! loma will just wait for that outcome to play itself out. unification only trumps mandatory when both champions agree to fight each other. loma will force comey to fight lopez before unifying with him as a show of power. either comey wins or lopez proves by winning a belt he deserves a shot at lomachenko!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                If you win a vacant WBC belt you have to fight the mandatory immediately after, right?
                It sounds weird but I almost thought at one point the WBC said they have to make two mandatory defenses after winning a vacant title

Comment

http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...s-world-titles

Under Jr. Featherweight

Comment

No matter how it plays out we are gonna get some good action and get some answers about Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                    X