Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Warns That He'll Punish Teofimo Lopez For Big Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    Well at least Lopez is willing to get in there with Loma at his age. Loma was still in the amateurs at Lopez age, **** Loma didn't have the balls to turn pro till he was 25 and already perfected his craft
    lopez has more balls than cowardly stank davis! stank has twice as many fights as lopez and a belt and is older yet he claims he's still not ready for Loma. I never seen a guy so physically afraid of another like stank davis fears lomachenko! stank davis won't event mention his name in interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      His haters have to hold on to it. It's all they've got. Since then he has easily beat champion after champion in three weight classes and earned the number 1 spot on most PFP top 10 lists but the dummies still say Loma could beat him again. It's clear Loma would beat him with ease. It would be a mismatch.
      You a Punk G fan so we know you full of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        Lmfao. Some of the posters here are already making excuses.

If they do fight and Lomachenko wins, they're going to find ways to keep bashing Lomachenko.

"he needs to fight Anthony Joshua if he's not a coward"
        l0m0 isn't expected to lose. They just want to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          WTF? You want Loma to get extra credit because a couple posters are picking him to lose. If that is the case then you should have no complaint that posters take credit away because you and other picked him to beat Salido and he lost.

This post right here is part of the reason why Loma gets so much backlash. You come off as wanting him to get special treatment and recognition that you'd never suggest giving to any other fighter.

It's ok to pick Loma to lose, right?
          are you saying lopez beats loma? What is it about this match up that interests you as a boxing fan? All I see is a green as hell prospect going up against a boxing master still in his prime years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
            are you saying lopez beats loma? What is it about this match up that interests you as a boxing fan? All I see is a green as hell prospect going up against a boxing master still in his prime years.
            No I think Loma wins if the fight happens right now. However, if Lopez pulls the upset we have a new star in the sport.

The fight is viable because the politics prevents the fights we want from happening. With Commey needing a tune up coming off injury and the PBC and GBP guys doing something else, this is probably the best "in house" fight Tr can make.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              No I think Loma wins if the fight happens right now. However, if Lopez pulls the upset we have a new star in the sport.

The fight is viable because the politics prevents the fights we want from happening. With Commey needing a tune up coming off injury and the PBC and GBP guys doing something else, this is probably the best "in house" fight Tr can make.
              I disagree there are better non in house options like luke campbell gold medalist vs gold medalist or berchelt who is rumored to be moving up after his next fight. lopez vs loma doesn't make any sense right now it's an easy expected win for loma which does nothing for his legacy which is what he cares most about and it would hurt lopez's career growth and ruin his potential. so why would Top rank make this fight and ruin lopez before even getting a chance at seeing what he becomes? lopez is hispanic he brings that hispanic fanbase he talks and sells himself to the masses he's a promoter's wet dream! I don't blame arum from stopping this fight. lopez is not ready! it will definitely happen but at 140lbs and a few years down the road. once loma is older arum will try to use him to make lopez into a super star.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
                I disagree there are better non in house options like luke campbell gold medalist vs gold medalist or berchelt who is rumored to be moving up after his next fight. lopez vs loma doesn't make any sense right now it's an easy expected win for loma which does nothing for his legacy which is what he cares most about and it would hurt lopez's career growth and ruin his potential. so why would Top rank make this fight and ruin lopez before even getting a chance at seeing what he becomes? lopez is hispanic he brings that hispanic fanbase he talks and sells himself to the masses he's a promoter's wet dream! I don't blame arum from stopping this fight. lopez is not ready! it will definitely happen but at 140lbs and a few years down the road. once loma is older arum will try to use him to make lopez into a super star.
                Berchelt at 135 is ok but it's not the same as if both were at 130 when they were the top 2 guys. Then it would'be been more of a 50/50 fight.

I've seen a lot of people suggest it "wouldn't do anything for his legacy" as a reason the fight shouldn't happen now. That seems a little hollow. I've never seen that as a justification for a fight not happening before. It also means a fighter has to attain a certain "level" to fight Loma. That type of thinking has always been challenged on this site.

Maybe it ruins Lopez or maybe he wins. IMO this would likely be like ODH/Vargas or Charlo/Lubin. On the other hand we could get Toney/Nunn. How much better off are we as fans if that happens?

I agree that down the road this could be a step up fight for Lopez. However, as we saw with Manny/Crawford, sometimes fights don't happen. I see a lot of Loma fans agreeing with you that Arum is stopping this fight to protect Lopez.

Have you considered the fact that he may be blocking it because he thinks Lopez might score the upset?

Comment

• Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                  I pretty much know the whole Lomachenko story lol. I just wish people didnt try to rewrite history with their revisionist ****.
                  Its what you guys do best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                    if Teofimo shows that he is real superstar, I'm sure Loma will ask for 140 fight. just like he mentioned Mikey fighting at 140. but so far, all Teo does is begging. Beggars can't be choosers.
                    Stop it, l0m0 already admitted he can't handle 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      And Loma fought for a BELT in his 2nd pro fight...had Salido literally running by end of fight.
                      Salido won, duh.

Comment

Working...
                      X