No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Blasts Out Rolls With Vicious Knockout in Fourth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
    Steve Rolls was undefeated with the same record as Brandon Adams when he fought Charlo and a better record than Centeno Jr. Also, let us not forget Golovkin beat Canelo in the first fight.
    I don’t even know how I’m supposed to respond to this comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
      Name this fighter you speak of? For what I remember in 2013, GGG was lucky to get anyone in the ring with him at MW.

ok, we can play that game.....

Mora / Ward / Lara.....

ALL mover/spoilers who are notoriously hard to look good against

they used the exact same excuse to avoid all three

" irrelevant, and not a draw "

on EVERY occasion, Team Golovkin then proceeded to fight an unknown opponent who was WORSE

you cannot make that shlt up

Saunders... mover/spoiler - notoriously hard to look good against

1) running around with Golovkin's " dream "
      2) calling him Pvssy-Borat
      3) crashing Golovkin pressers, to present him with a pen

what did Golovkin do..... ?

he selected Vanes, and got stripped by the IBF

again..... you cannot make that shlt up

1) I can smell a liar a mile away..... when Tom Loeffler splutters out half-a-dozen silly excuses, most of which are clearly untrue..... while burbling a bunch of hollow promises, that turn out to be completely false with the benefit of hindsight..... you don't need to be a genius

FACT: you only need one genuine reason..... and if they had a genuine reason, they would have said it..... but they did not, which is why we got half-a-dozen silly excuses

when that behavior is continually repeated, it becomes a pattern

2) I can smell fear.... ok, kidding.... but I know what they are afraid of....

a) Corbett proved more than 100 years ago that movement is the antidote for a puncher, first trick in the book

b) I got Sanchez on video from years back, admitting that Golovkin is not the same fighter if his opponent does not stand in front of him.... yessiree bob he said it, just ask.....

it doesn't take a genius, just pay more attention

not jumping on Saunders was crazy, completely unjustifiable, and the second-worst of the 4 bizarre decisions made by Golovkin.... he is allergic to mover/spoilers, and we saw why when Saunders fought Lemieux..... just like the trio above, who are also notoriously difficult to look good against

the worst decision was Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refusing to drop a single pound for the little 153lb SUPERSTAR Cotto.... but then happily agreeing to defend his title against Rosado at 158.... WTF?

insane

wants a big drama show.... but does not want any actual drama

come on man, this has been going on for years..... I am sure you've heard the talk

this is what you excuse-makers need to worry about

if Canelo does not select Golovkin, who will Golovkin fight next?

a) how bad will his opponent be this time ?
      b) how bad will his excuse be this time ?

coz, yea..... it don't look good for you guys.....

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Saunders... mover/spoiler - notoriously hard to look good against

1) running around with Golovkin's " dream "
        2) calling him Pvssy-Borat
        3) crashing Golovkin pressers, to present him with a pen

what did Golovkin do..... ?

he selected Vanes, and got stripped by the IBF

again..... you cannot make that shlt up
        When did this happen?
        Could be wrong, but the opponent that Golovkin didnt want to face on short notice was Derevyanchenko and not Saunders.

Saunders Vs Golovkin was at one point talked about for june 2017. right after the jacobs fight. Golden Boy Promotions then said they wouldnt have enough time to promote a Canelo fight in september and if Golovkin went through with the Saunders fight, it would put the Saunders fight in jeopardy. So they decided to fight Canelo in september.
        Fight against Canelo > Saunders. That's not a duck.

Sergio Mora lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          When did this happen?
          Could be wrong, but the opponent that Golovkin didnt want to face on short notice was Derevyanchenko and not Saunders.

Saunders Vs Golovkin was at one point talked about for june 2017. right after the jacobs fight. Golden Boy Promotions then said they wouldnt have enough time to promote a Canelo fight in september and if Golovkin went through with the Saunders fight, it would put the Saunders fight in jeopardy. So they decided to fight Canelo in september.
          Fight against Canelo > Saunders. That's not a duck.

Sergio Mora lol.
          Actually after Canelo tested positive and didn't want to offer what GGG considered to be a fair shake the GGG vs Saunders fight was signed and they were suppose to fight in August but GGG pulled out of the fight to face Canelo again after Oscar offered a higher percentage.

Saunders tested positive for PEDS himself shortly after.
          Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 06-09-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Yes! Excellent win for Golovkin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Actually after Canelo tested positive and didn't want to offer what GGG considered to be a fair shake the GGG vs Saunders fight was signed and they were suppose to fight in August but GGG pulled out of the fight to face Canelo again after Oscar offered a higher percentage.

Saunders tested positive for PEDS himself shortly after.
              I see. Just found an article about it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...-forum--129087

According to Loeffler this match-up would've taken place on August 25th at the Forum near Los Angeles. But as a 'Hail Mary' saved Canelo-GGG II. Saunders lost his opportunity to face Golovkin, who still holds the WBA, IBO and WBC titles.

"I was always upfront with them,'' explained Loeffler.

"They knew that Canelo was the priority but I also told them we wouldn't have made the offer if we thought the Canelo fight was going to get made. So we give Billy Joe Saunders credit for wanting the fight, be willing to unify. It would've been a great promotion, two undefeated champions fighting each other and if Triple G is successful against Canelo - that would be his priority with Saunders."

That's still not ducking. Golovkin and Saunders would have been a good fight, but no one in theri right mind would turn down the Canelo rematch, if they had been in Golovkins position. Much more money and the opportunity to avenge the draw verdict.

Comment

• Seemed like the usual GGG fight to me - got hit a lot in the head. Used his iron chin to walk through opponents punches and then put him down with his great power. Imagine if GGG had AJ's chin.....

Comment

• The only way to beat canelo is to pressure canelo from round 1, don't give him space to set up the long snappy body punches. Force him to the ropes and work on him. GGG's problem is he waits till round 5 to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                    Seemed like the usual GGG fight to me - got hit a lot in the head. Used his iron chin to walk through opponents punches and then put him down with his great power. Imagine if GGG had AJ's chin.....
                    I didn't see anything different either, kind of fight where you see what you want to see I guess.

One thing noticeable was the body work Golovkin laid on, especially in round 2. As we remember, the cat calls in the Canelo fight were 'where's the body work', but Rolls isn't Canelo, and by the second round Golovkin had already figured out there wasn't too much fire coming back and he could move in closer and do his normal thing to the body. Golovkin needs to keep more distance with Canelo because of Canelo's speed and counters, so Golovkin could fight a different fight against Rolls by getting closer - looking more like his younger self again (which was the entire purpose of the fight in the first place..and the 10m from DAZN didn't hurt either).

Maybe the only other difference from his pre-Jacobs days was a little more patience in the build-up than at times before - there were times pre-Jacobs where he got unnecessarily reckless, and at the times Rolls tagged him, he backed up and thought about it rather than double fistbump his chest and charge in like he had at times in the past.

Comment

• Spoiler Alert!
                      Abel Sanchez will be on Canelo's corner on GGG Trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                      X