Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Weeks tweets, blows were low, stoppage a mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't matter if the account is real or not, we've all got eyes and can see the replays and know the shot where the fight was stopped were low.

End of story really. Weeks blew it and we all know it.

All that have a brain anyways.

(that said, Kovalev should have left the racist stuff alone because this may have influenced Weeks' decision to stop the fight on him like that and it's a despicable thing to have said anyways)

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      A Robert Byrd twitter account was quoted by everyone saying he thought Kovalev won the first fight. Guess what? It was a fake account and they apologised.

Al Bernstein got caught out and later admitted he was. By this Weeks account.

Ha. Fair enough. Thanks for providing actual evidence. I actually feel better. I still think it should have been a 10 count rather than a stoppage, but Ward was probably going to win figuring how hurt Kovalev was.

Comment

Has Tony Week even spoke out on his decision to stop it?

Usually they interview the ref post fight to get his take on the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          If anything, that sounds like a fake Al Bernstein account. I cant picture Al saying "my bad". LOL
          Al Bernstein account is verified. Most fake accounts on Twitter are not including this fake Tony weeks one.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            If anything, that sounds like a fake Al Bernstein account. I cant picture Al saying "my bad". LOL
            He's verified he has the check

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
              The account was quoted by an ESPN writer,
              http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ey-kovalev-win

Presumably that guy knows the account is real before he quotes it.

If it's fake they fooled better journalists than myself.
              Because the media hates Ward that's why they​ quoted that fake account. Bad Left Hook wrote a story on that fake Robert Byrd account that Freedom made before the first fight. Freedom probably made this one too. You think we're making stuff up when we say the media hates certain fighters and protect others? Anybody with an ounce of common sense knew that account was fake.

Comment

How many times are people going to post this fake, stupid account tweet?

Comment

Forget the low blows.
                  But why can't the guy count?
                  Everyone expected fairness in every aspect of it,
                  fact that that's exactly why the rematch was demanded.
                  To right the wrong and settle an unfinished business once and for all.
                  But it happen again because of these careless clowns.

Comment

I can't believe ESPN wrote such a bias article while also quoting a fake Tony Weeks account. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
                      Ha. Fair enough. Thanks for providing actual evidence. I actually feel better. I still think it should have been a 10 count rather than a stoppage, but Ward was probably going to win figuring how hurt Kovalev was.
                      Man, those are the rules in the state of nevada as far as I know.
                      Nevada
                      · No standing 8 count
                      · 3 Knockdown rule is in effect
                      · Fighter can be saved by the bell in the last round only
                      · 10 point must system is in effect
                      · Only the referee can stop the fight
                      · 3 judges score
                      · Accidental foul:
                      · Technical draw up to the end of the third round
                      · Goes to the scorecard after the third round

Tell me again how you think that it should have been a 10 count when kovalev was standing.

Comment

Working...
                      X