Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fury Wilder fight wasn't a robbery. Fury had his chance to win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
    At all. I can see Wilder winning 4 round at most. He got comprehensively outboxed
    If Wilder wins 4 rounds (that you say you can see), then that's a 114-112 fight. In what world is 114-112 not a close fight on the cards? Fury won the most rounds obviously, but there were two 10-8 rounds. Is it hard to believe that there were at least 2 more swing rounds that Fury didn't totally dominate?

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
      It's very eye brow raising that the biggest recent fights have been draws and had trilogy potential but whatever screw the tinfolil hats. However this made me remember that I have already read some serious idiocy like on this very site people saying the knockdown was very "convenient" and helped "sell" the obvious scam that both fighters were in on. I mean LOL. Anyway I was blown away by the big guy but sadly I'm of the opinion you need to TAKE a belt from a reigning champion forcefully and if it goes to the cards the only way the challenger is getting it is if they have the kds. For me.
      Well said.
      I watched the fight for like the umteenth time and i didn’t see Fury dominate like Joshua’s fans say he did lol. In fact many of my friends thought that Wilder won. They didn’t think that Fury did enough to take Wilders title. I keep it G. I had Wilder losing by a point and he swing rounds imo were 4,5, and 10 and 11. Anyone who had Fury up 5-0 can’t score a fight. I heard one guy say that Fury won 10 rounds lmmfao. That guy would blow Joshua in public on ppv.

Comment

At all. I can see Wilder winning 4 round at most. He got comprehensively outboxed
        That’s a draw right there if you gave him four rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          If Wilder wins 4 rounds (that you say you can see), then that's a 114-112 fight. In what world is 114-112 not a close fight on the cards? Fury won the most rounds obviously, but there were two 10-8 rounds. Is it hard to believe that there were at least 2 more swing rounds that Fury didn't totally dominate?
          It's only close because of the 10-8 rounds. 8 rounds to 4 is not a close fight-- and that's the closest I can see it. I only scored 2 rounds for Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            That’s a draw right there if you gave him four rounds.
            No it's not.

Comment

It's only close because of the 10-8 rounds. 8 rounds to 4 is not a close fight-- and that's the closest I can see it. I only scored 2 rounds for Wilder
              8 rounds go 4 isn’t a close fight in the ring but 114-112 with swing rounds is a close fight in the CARDS. Can we at least agree that those numbers are close together?

Comment

Well said.
                I watched the fight for like the umteenth time and i didn’t see Fury dominate like Joshua’s fans say he did lol. In fact many of my friends thought that Wilder won. They didn’t think that Fury did enough to take Wilders title. I keep it G. I had Wilder losing by a point and he swing rounds imo were 4,5, and 10 and 11. Anyone who had Fury up 5-0 can’t score a fight. I heard one guy say that Fury won 10 rounds lmmfao. That guy would blow Joshua in public on ppv.
                Yea, ChrisJS and others say that Fury won 10 rounds. They also gave GGG 9 and 20 rounds as well and probably had Chavez winning 8 against Whitaker

Comment

I always keep it G. And watch the fight against like I did. You'll see where Fury had his chances. And I had Fury winning, but it wasn't a robbery. I can see why it was scored a draw.
                  Fury was bullying Wilder. Out muscling him. Out working him.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Fury was bullying Wilder. Out muscling him. Out working him.
                    I would say I agree with this, mentioned to my dad during the fight Fury looked happy in the ring and comfortably the bigger man and was fighting like it and it was one of the things that threw Wilder off. I don't think he is used to people enjoying being in the ring with him. I felt in the first round Wilder was fine and being aggressive but Fury sort of halted it in it's tracks. However while I agree I do feel Wilder never aimed for a contest of strength, he came in light for more speed and as such probably was less resistant anyway to force. Fury straightened him up a few times and I felt like Wilder kept his legs wider than usual and his shoulders more square. He is usually narrower and aiming for a one two down the pipe. Though I was a zombie may have misread.I think Fury was stronger than he expected but he also was a lot more limber than a boxer usually is so it looked worse than it was. Regardless it exceeded my expectations. Something that stood out to me and looked much better from non tv camera angle and thus was much better than it seemed at the time live to me was the 2nd kd. That looked like how Wilder puts down cans in the 2nd round. That's an impressive display of power and energy in the last minutes of a championship fight.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                      I don't think it was a clear win. I'm a fan of both. Giving Deontay 3 rounds outside of the knockdowns is not unheard of. Fury didn't win 10 rounds. There were at least 1 rounds in which Fury wasn't throwing anything and just playing to the crowd. A draw or 2 point win for Fury is the right call. I'm not even gonna discuss that 115=111 card because I think everyone knows that is bogus. The main thing here is that people are saying Fury won 10 rounds to 2 and that' is absurd. 7-5 or 8-4 is how the fight should have been scored. Early rounds were close with Fury taking over starting around the 6th and getting dropped twice late. I don't think either of them are that good really(including Joshua), it's just that they are the best at the moment
                      Except you can't name those rounds, or explain how Wilder won them.

"Flailing desperately" isn't a scoring criterion. So just because Wilder played desperate bull to Fury's matador doesn't mean he practiced effective aggression.

The better argument is that the 9th and 12th were 10-10 rounds. Fury won the majority of both. And in the 12th he peeled himself off the canvas to bring the fight to Wilder. He even snuck in Mcgregor's hands-behind-the-back ploy. Pure class.

Fury had his moments, but Fury clearly proved himself the better man. 116-110 is the correct score.

Comment

Working...
                      X