Fury: The biggest fight in the HW division & Hearn has nothing to do with it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    It’s not Really subjective

Fury was the man that beat the man , When he was gone there wasnt a fight between a clear #1
    & #2 to establish a new lineal

Fury’s still the lineal even if you don’t want to recognize that he’s still the man that beat the man and took his crown and hasn’t been beaten in the ring since so everything I said about this fight being more important and the winner being the #1 HW is still true

From what I’ve gathered AJ/Klit ( AJs biggest fight ) did around 9- 11 million at the gate and around 35 million in PPV revenue

10 million in Vegas isnt much . It wouldn’t even crack the top 25 l. I wouldn’t be suprised if this fight can generate that ballpark if not more.

300k In the Uk and 300k( both conservative) in the States generates around 27-30 in revenue , while it might not beat AJ /Klit it’s in the ballpark and probably generates more then AJ can do with out Wilder or Fury

You act like Wilder/Fury fight wouldn’t be broadcast in over 100 countries as well and get their own sponsors

Wilder /Fury will probably do around the same if note more financially then AJs biggest fight and unless the Whyte rematch is some crazy money earner anything AJ has on the horizon

So it is the biggest fight as far as financially and what it means in the division. I know it hurts you that Hearn won’t be involved but that’s the way it is

I’m not American and I don’t take pride in the PPV prices just stating facts. Don’t use that as a justification why you’ve been proven wrong
    It doesn't matter who the lineal is , it doesn't magically take away who the ACTUAL top HW to defeat is and thats either Wilder or Joshua just bc Fury got by Klitchko 3 years ago . Thats bizarro world logic !

It doesn't matter if Wilder wins bc Joshua actually stopped a better prepared Klitchko which Peter said Joshua would be up against and anyone with two eyes saw that .

The number one HW is the unified champion with multiple wins against top rated opponents and title defenses .

Fury has never defended his title .

Wilder has ONE relevant win in title defenses .

Consensus of Wilder defeating Fury wont really effect Joshua standings as much as a Fury win over Wilder bc they ARE the guys to defeat Klitchko . Joshua is still the multiple title defenses champion .

Common sense .

Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-12-2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      It doesn't matter who the lineal is , it doesn't magically take away who the ACTUAL top HW to defeat is and thats either Wilder or Joshua just bc Fury got by Klitchko 3 years ago . Thats bizarro world logic !

It doesn't matter if Wilder wins bc Joshua actually stopped a better prepared Klitchko which Peter said Joshua would be up against and anyone with two eyes saw that .

The number one HW is the unified champion with multiple wins against top rated opponents and title defenses .

Fury has never defended his title .

Wilder has ONE relevant win in title defenses .

Consensus of Wilder defeating Fury wont really effect Joshua standings as much as a Fury win over Wilder bc they ARE the guys to defeat Klitchko . Joshua is still the multiple title defenses champion .

Common sense .

Ahhh Jugganaut

I know itll hurt your soul

But the fact is if Wilder / Fury happens whoever the winner is they are the #1 HW

You claiming otherwise is laughable

Again if Fury wins , He will have been the man to beat the man, and on his return he will have beaten Wilder the #2 HW

If Wilder wins he will have been the first to beat the man who beat the man and Ortiz recognized as the #3 HW in the same calendar year

Both these accomplishments Trump AJs resume

Klit who was embarrassed and damn near shut out by Fury 18 months previously

Parker- While a strap holder , has proven with unimpressive performances since fighting for a strap he doesn’t belong among the divisions top shelf

Martin - Do Inreally have to say anything

Whyte - while it looks like a good win now , Whyte hasn’t yet proven he’s a top shelf HW just a bit ahead of the other fringe contenders

And whatever other fringe contenders you bring up

The fact is even with Fury’s sabbatical, until proven otherwise he along with AJ and Wilder are the 3 kings of the division l. If and when Fury / Wilder fight whoever the winner is , they are the new #1

Don’t worry you can still pocket watch your Hero AJ and write 30 posts a day about him and he’ll still be the $ man but he won’t be #1 at HW

Comment

The HW div will never again become big in the US.
        Why because there's hardly any names casuals are familiar with.
        You Wilder fanatics are better off demanding this fight be held in Europe.
        Kills me when they include PPV sales in UK if held in the US,
        ignoring the fact that people are sound asleep in that part of the globe by the time the main even is shown. LOL.
        There's a time difference of five hours doe.
        Don't forget.
        Last edited by rickJen; 08-12-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          It’s not Really subjective

Fury was the man that beat the man , When he was gone there wasnt a fight between a clear #1
          & #2 to establish a new lineal

Fury’s still the lineal even if you don’t want to recognize that he’s still the man that beat the man and took his crown and hasn’t been beaten in the ring since so everything I said about this fight being more important and the winner being the #1 HW is still true

From what I’ve gathered AJ/Klit ( AJs biggest fight ) did around 9- 11 million at the gate and around 35 million in PPV revenue

10 million in Vegas isnt much . It wouldn’t even crack the top 25 l. I wouldn’t be suprised if this fight can generate that ballpark if not more.

300k In the Uk and 300k( both conservative) in the States generates around 27-30 in revenue , while it might not beat AJ /Klit it’s in the ballpark and probably generates more then AJ can do with out Wilder or Fury

You act like Wilder/Fury fight wouldn’t be broadcast in over 100 countries as well and get their own sponsors

Wilder /Fury will probably do around the same if note more financially then AJs biggest fight and unless the Whyte rematch is some crazy money earner anything AJ has on the horizon

So it is the biggest fight as far as financially and what it means in the division. I know it hurts you that Hearn won’t be involved but that’s the way it is

I’m not American and I don’t take pride in the PPV prices just stating facts. Don’t use that as a justification why you’ve been proven wrong
          theres too many variables where we're going to disagree and neither of us really have any empirical data to use as a barometer.

I dont think it makes anywhere near what you think it will.. and i dont think it generates the revenue that povetkin / joshua does but we can at least come back and compare and one of us can eat some humble pie afterwards.

im happy for it to be me for the good of the sport in all honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
            It was a good win but looking at it truthfully it wasn't what alot of people make it out to be.

Klitschko obviously wasn't a belt holder I think for the title it should have been Vs Luis Ortiz tbh

..Joshua effectively had the IBF bought for him through circumstance and a mix of fury's problems Vs Charles Martin's abject failure.

His defences at that stage were a very green breazeale and a Molina who hardly had a camp but you can't tarnish the Klitschko win with "41 years old ..inactivity"

He was only 3 years older than the Ortiz wilder just beat and as far as I'm aware had a much cleaner bill of health than Ortiz did...and by far and away was the best Klitschko all of us had seen In a good 5/6 years.

He also wasn't "inactive" other than his lack of licensee bouts.. he was scheduled to fight Tyson twice within that time frame and as a result had gone through 3 full camps in an 18 month period .

3 full camps for Wlad Vs cocaine and kebabs for fury is a bit of a silly comparison.

Klitschko didn't need a tune up.. or are you going to argue that he might have beaten AJ if he'd fought a guy ranked 100th before hand?

You're trying to rationalise your views by equating them to a fight that on every conceivable level had an absolute right to exist.. just maybe not for what was at stake in it. If this was ANY other potential HW champion taking on Tyson fury in his current state your tune would be very different.
            Ok Yammy, we'll have to agree to disagree. You're a cool dude tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Ok Yammy, we'll have to agree to disagree. You're a cool dude tho.
              You know I love ya really. I like our debates they keep me away from stirring **** in the dome

Comment

You know somewhere eddies just finished sniffing lines off a twinks arse and is fuming at reading furys statement.

Comment

Working...
                X