Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA's Insistence on Having 3 Featherweight Champs is Ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA's Insistence on Having 3 Featherweight Champs is Ridiculous

By Keith Idec - The WBA could make a reasonable case for only one of the two televised title fights it has sanctioned on the Lucas Matthysse-Manny Pacquiao card Sunday in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Panama-based sanctioning organization afforded Argentina's Matthysse the opportunity to fight for its "world" welterweight title in January because Keith Thurman is often injured and hasn't fought since March 2017...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lmao! My boy Jo-Jo Diaz about to fight for another 'World' title after losing to Gary Russell?! HAHAHAHA!!! I see you Oscar! Santa Cruz we coming fo you!

And what about 168 tho : Fedor Chudinov and Nadjib Mohammedi are fighting for the 'interim' but Tyron Zeuge is the 'Regular' and then George Groves is the 'Super' champion!

Comment

Ah, ah bull chips. Who would PPV Pac now? Especially vs an Argentine strongman. Nice matchup of WELL tested veterans, but 2nd bill on almost any big card.

Comment

I stopped recognizing the WBA in 2001 when they created the super title and everybody else should have stopped too.

I've never recognized the WBO. People complain about all of the titles, but nobody forces you to recognize them. The WBC & IBF are the only belts I'll recognize until the WBA gets rid of the super titles.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          I stopped recognizing the WBA in 2001 when they created the super title and everybody else should have stopped too.

I've never recognized the WBO. People complain about all of the titles, but nobody forces you to recognize them. The WBC & IBF are the only belts I'll recognize until the WBA gets rid of the super titles.
          The IBF has become a laughingstock as well. Their rankings are junk. I mean really, Hughie Fury @ 5? Really? Based on WHAT!? IBF is a trash org. At least WBO rankings are far better. WBC hands down tops

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
            The IBF has become a laughingstock as well. Their rankings are junk. I mean really, Hughie Fury @ 5? Really? Based on WHAT!? IBF is a trash org. At least WBO rankings are far better. WBC hands down tops
            IBF is fair and plays by the rules. Which scares off a lot of the top stars who prefer having the rules bent in their favor.

Comment

I believe PPVs should be reserved only for mega fights and Pac vs Lucas definitely ain't mega. Pac is pretty much finished and Lucas has already been waxed by Postol ffs. The WBA is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

I hear you brother! Drop the WBA, IBF, and WBO. Reconize only the WBC and IBO. At least the IBO uses a non-bias computer ranking system.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                  I believe PPVs should be reserved only for mega fights and Pac vs Lucas definitely ain't mega. Pac is pretty much finished and Lucas has already been waxed by Postol ffs. The WBA is a joke.
                  And that's why it's not PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by JP'sIntheClinch View Post
                    And that's why it's not PPV.
                    Had Bob been in full control it, would have been.

Comment

Working...
                    X