Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson/Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
      As many other Thai's he did the transition from Muay Thai to boxing. I read an interview with him where he said that he had close to 200 professional bouts. He wasn't exactly a novice in other words.

By the way, Benny - Rafael Marquez vs Sahaprom - who do you choose? It's a shame this bout wasn't made. I truly believe that Sahaprom was the best of all the splinter champions at the time and there has still not been a better bantamweight after him in my opinion.
      No, absolutely not a novice. Already a seasoned pro. He was a champion Muay Thai fighter who won the biggest national championship three times from memory. Can't remember what it's called.

Man, that's a hard one. At their best they were both so good. I think Sahaprom was also the best bantamweight for a long time. His whole reign is underrated and I think he's one of the best bantamweights, full stop.

I'd probably go with Sahaprom at his peak, fast, accurate, power, good defense, but I could also see Marquez winning. Marquez was one hell of a bantam. I think I'd say Sahaprom in a very close fight. Really do wish we'd seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
        To focus on something more fun than a corrupt belt organization, have you seen Kalule's fight against the forgotten Colombian Emiliano Villa
        I remember Villa well. He was a top contender in the era of Cervantes and Benitez. Had some good wins, particularly his win over champion Alfonso Peppermint Fraser. He only had those two title shots I think, against prime Benitez and Kalule.

But he also had a good fight against Nicolino Locche, and was an unfortunate recipient of a prime Duran KO, which was probably his worst loss.

Comment

Sweet and short slugfest:

Comment

Edwin Rosario-Jose Luis Ramirez II

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              A personal favorite of mine.

Comment

Most of my favorite fights are usually pretty short like, within about 5 rounds. 8 is a good medium length IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Most of my favorite fights are usually pretty short like, within about 5 rounds. 8 is a good medium length IMO.
                  6 rounds is good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Agreed! Ramirez was a banger but Rosario had a solid chin and wouldn't go down. That is the only time I saw a fighter turn his back and didn't think less of him, and it was Rosario who was doing the banging early on. Both fighters caught a lot of leather; both were as hard as a coffin nail. Great, great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Ever feel like you need a shot of boxing, but cannot be arsed to watch a long fight? I know I do.

This thread is dedicated to great fights lasting 3 rounds or less.

Hagler-Hearns is perhaps the obvious first choice:

Another is this great bantamweight scrap bewteen Miguel Lora and Gaby Canizales:

Of the old fights one in particular is the standout. Jack Dempsey vs. Luis Firpo:

Feel free to add your favourite short fights!
                      It’s obvious... haggler vs hearns. Within three we knew where and when big boss ban. My idols both me left it all in the ring... al b ... a Jew like me commenting

Comment

Working...
                      X