Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Let's Face It, Wilder Hasn't Really Fought Anybody

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I always compare Wilder resume and boasting to that of Kell Brook before he fought Spence.
    Hmmmmm you have a point. And some people before the GGG fight thought Kell Brook was the next best thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      I say that the version of Ortiz that wilder fought is better than the version of klitchko that both fury and Joshua faced.
      I agree.. but I pick Ortiz to KO both!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        We all know that one punch by Wilder is all it takes. Fact is, we don't know if Fury will allow Wilder to land that one punch.
        Lmao! He will... only one man has survived and only because Wilder broke his right hand in the 3rd round!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Oh dear.

Fanboy alert of the highest level.
          it's my opinion f**k boy. If you prefer watching a klitchko that threw 3 punches a round vs fury and an inactive 40 plus yr old version of klitchko coming off a layoff and loss, then that's your choice too.

Comment

I seem to remember Peter Fury being full of praise for Luis Ortiz a couple of years ago and even Tyson paying him the compliment of naming him a "decent fighter" - probably the nicest thing he's ever said about a rival

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Yeah he did stink the joint out against Povetkin, WBA heavyweight champ and Olympic gold medalist and consensus second best heavyweight at the time.

Not some unranked sparring partner who was knocked out by Chisora years ago and Dave Allen who's not even british level.

No comparison at all. Saying Ortiz is better technically or better at anything than Klitschko is just absolutely delusional.

Klitschko is light years ahead of Ortiz which was proven both in the amateurs and in the pros where Klitschko time after time beat the best guys in the world and Ortiz was feasting on journeyman for his whole career .
              aside from povtekin, his performances vs Jennings, wach, haye, chambers were all underwhelming. Perhaps you don't understand the concept of technical boxing but klitchko is primarily a jab right hand puncher and he rarely let's his right hand fly. When he does, it's after 39 consecutive jabs. He primarily uses his size advantage as his main defense by sticking out his left hand and backing away. Ortiz can counter punch, can roll with punches, can fight on the inside. These are all things klitchko does not excel at. Especially the older version of klitchko that fought fury and Joshua which was the version I compared Ortiz to.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                He’s not great but he’s awkward as hell . His size speed and reach is freak s**t

Wilder gets outboxed by polish football hools . Fury will box rings around him if his stamina is up to scratch
                He definitely is big and has a quick one-two. I'm not seeing the footwork as an asset. He's adept at jumping out the pocket, but I've not seen him use his footwork to transition from defense to offense well.

A lot of people use Szpilka that as an example. I'm not sure how they count him as outboxing Wilder when he spent the majority of most rounds avoiding punches and not landing much of anything. He landed 63 of 230 punches before taking that extended nap. How's that outboxing when you're getting outlanded with harder shots?

Two things....is Fury as quick on his feet as Szpilka? Wilder is pretty athletic himself. Did Fury from the WK fight have enough stamina to avoid Wilder for 12 rounds, let alone the current Fury. Make it 3, Fury only has a 2 inch reach advantage on Wilder. Make it 4 on the edit...the two fighters that gave Wilder the most trouble were southpaws. Fury is orthodox (capable of switching periodically but not effectively).

I think Wilder struggles to get to Fury for most of the fight, either catches him and KO's him or catches him and can't get him out of there. Fury by MD or Wilder by KO. I'm not sure Wilder will be able to focus for 12 rounds and not get frustrated hunting for a KO.
                Last edited by Ake-Dawg; 08-15-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  Lmao! He will... only one man has survived and only because Wilder broke his right hand in the 3rd round!
                  To be honest, I still have to believe that Wilder vs Fury will REALLY happen. With Fury involved, there might be some drug-related pull-out at some point.

Comment

The revisionist history is real lmao. As one of Wilder's biggest haters before (i legit thought the Malik Scott fight was fixed), dude has won me over.

Luis Ortiz was universally recognized as the most dangerous and avoided HW and Wilder stopped him in an epic fight. Now he's a bum and old. There's no denying Wilder is legit. GTFO, you have to give credit when it's due otherwise you're just a ****** hater.

Comment

I sincerely see Wilder as a tragedy waiting to happen. He lacks the fundamentals to succeed in HW. Would Fury be the one to puncture the bubble and make Wilder irrelevant, I don't know

Comment

Working...
                      X