Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank Jr Challenged By N'Dam To Fight On Undercard of Groves vs Smith WBSS Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eubank Jr Challenged By N'Dam To Fight On Undercard of Groves vs Smith WBSS Final

Contact has been made on the part of N'Dam's team, although acknowledgment of the proposal - or similarly a response - is yet to be forthcoming from Team Eubank.

WBN understands the offer was made two weeks ago and N'Dam is growing impatient as the deal includes a choice of weight for Eubank to consider at middleweight or super-middleweight.

N'Dam has made Eubank Jr. his number one target for a spot on the World Boxing Super Series finale reserve contest, although will turn his attention to World Boxing Council Silver champion Martin Murray on a separate show if necessary.

"I want to fight any top fighter and will come for a new world title soon," two-time ruler N'Dam exclusively told World Boxing News.

"Chris Eubank Jr. will be a good fight for me as I know I am too experienced for him. I am a former world champion two times and I will beat him if he accepts my challenge.

"If he doesn't come back, then Martin Murray would be a great match-up as he is a tough fighter.

"I have been in with tough fighters and beat them before because I am also a better boxer. It would be a good fight and will put me in line for a world title.

"Also, if Murray beats me he can be in line for a world title as I am a former champion, so both fights make sense for now," he added.

Eubank has been linked to several of the bigger names both at 160 and 168, although with a loss in his previous contest against George Groves, the Brighton man will potentially need a warm-up fight.

WBSS organizers still want a recognized name for the groundbreaking card - none-the-less, and N'Dam may well fit the bill for the understudy spot at the Ali Trophy match involving Groves and fellow-Brit Callum Smith.

More details are set to emerge in the next few days as just over five weeks remain until the showpiece event at the King Abdullah Sports Complex.

http://www.***************.net/20180...mith-undercard

I think N'Dam might beat Murray or Eubank

Comment

I like Eubank. I am confident he can beat N'Dam and probably knock him out. I though Eubank put up a good fight against Groves. He clearly lost but he fought well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        I think N'Dam might beat Murray or Eubank
        If Eubank loses to Ndam, he needs to retire. I don't know how this guy as always found a way to get a big fight and stays ranked in the top 10.

Comment

Murray vs N'Dam would be an alright fight

Comment

You never know what to expect with him. Has beat fairly decent opposition in Khurtsidze, Bursak, Stevens & that Blanco KO was really surprising a year & a half ago (not counting the Murata win which was highly questionable to say the least).

But dropped the WBA interim to avoid GGG when purse bid ordered & is now a former two-time champion who lost in his first defense attempt against questionable opposition in Quillin & Murata. N'Dam is probably the best win for each of them.

I think he can probably give Murray all he can handle at this point in his career, but Eubank should be able to take him out unless he's more overrated than I already think he is. He does make for entertaining fights though so actually looking forward to either.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I like Eubank. I am confident he can beat N'Dam and probably knock him out. I though Eubank put up a good fight against Groves. He clearly lost but he fought well.
              Really? I thought Groves made him look like an amateur. Heck he was still beating him with one arm at the end of the fight.

Comment

Bruk dem up!!!

Comment

Eubank Jr. would beat N'Dam comfortably IMO, but I don't know if he's actually interested in fighting or not, the Eubanks seem to have gone uncharacteristically quiet ever since he got clowned on by George Groves.

Comment

Working...
                  X