Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao, Arum Meeting - 3 Fights Wanted, No Deal Made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only two fighters who Pac should avoid are Spence and Crawford. Outside of those two, he is competitive with anyone else between 135-147. I would like to see him fight Mikey Garcia, Danny Garcia, Thurman, Khan, Broner, and maybe even Loma. If he insists on fighting overseas, it may be difficult to make most of these fights. Khan and Loma are the only two I can see fighting outside of the CONUS.

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post
      I don't think avenging the "loss" would add anything to his legacy, if anything Horn could...put another loss on Pacs record.
      This is all I want everyone to admit. They're afraid of Manny getting beat again.

And to say Morales beat him fair? Same headbutt got Manny bloodied and threw him off to a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        This is all I want everyone to admit. They're afraid of Manny getting beat again.

And to say Morales beat him fair? Same headbutt got Manny bloodied and threw him off to a loss.
        Do not discredit the great Morales, he’s an honorable fighter and a future hall of famer too just like Pac, Barrera and Marquez, they were 4 of the greatest featherweights of their era. The headbutt from Morales was accidental and Morales is not a dirty fighter. His win against Pac was legit, that’s why Roach trained Pac to use his right hand too and that’s how he won by stoppage on the 2nd and 3rd Morales rematch.

Listen, I know you’re a Pac hater, there’s nothing wrong with that and I don’t have any problem with that but don’t let your hatred for Pac cloud your judgment, before the Matthysse fight, you predicted Buboy to throw in the towel but it’s not what happened because Matthysse’s punches didn’t bother Pac and he was the one who lost by stoppage, now you’re using that no drug testing bs, Pac never tested positive for PEDs and with or without drug testing, the fight result would still be the same because Matthysse said he couldn’t see after Pac hit his face. I told you before and I’ll tell you again, I would rather see Pac fight Crawford or Spence and retire win or lose rather than fight Horn again. And don’t fool yourself, Pac is not afraid of Horn, he’s not even half as intimidating as Cotto and Margarito and Pac fought those guys without any hesitation.
        Last edited by Bluebird; 08-13-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
          The headbutt from Morales was accidental and Morales is not a dirty fighter.
          Round six bro, Morales attacked that cut like there was no tomorrow. He knew what he was doing.

before the Matthysse fight, you predicted Buboy to throw in the towel but it’s not what happened because Matthysse’s punches didn’t bother Pac.
          I didn't expect Manny to get back on "the plan".

But let's play the game. Either Manny is shot or he's not. Make up your mind.

If Manny is shot like you people say he is, PEDs are the only logical explanation for that performance and the lack of them explains the first Hornet outcome.

If he's not shot, Horn's victory is legit until and unless Manny stops ducking him for a rematch.

Comment

Round six bro, Morales attacked that cut like there was no tomorrow. He knew what he was doing.

I didn't expect Manny to get back on "the plan".

But let's play the game. Either Manny is shot or he's not. Make up your mind.

If Manny is shot like you people say he is, PEDs are the only logical explanation for that performance and the lack of them explains the first Hornet outcome.

If he's not shot, Horn's victory is legit until and unless Manny stops ducking him for a rematch.
            Pac is past his prime but he’s not shot, he would still beat the majority of welterweights right now not named Spence or Crawford. To say that PEDs are the only logical explanation for his performance against Matthysse tells me you didn’t see or you just simply ignored the article that said Justin Fortune changed the way he normally trains Pac and he made it suit a 39-year old Pac and Buboy told Pac to use his left uppercut and it worked good against Matthysse so Buboy is not a bad trainer after all. Pac just made $10 million on the Horn fight, he may not even make $2 million on a rematch because nobody wants to see that as you could see other posters’ comments so there’s just no reason to do it again. Pac would only fight 3 more times and he would choose the ones that would give him the most money, and who wouldn’t?
            Last edited by Bluebird; 08-13-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

The great and respectable Barrera deserved a Pac rematch, Morales and Marquez beat him fair and square so a rematch was necessary, he got robbed on the 1st Bradley fight so a rematch was necessary, with that being said, none of these guys fight dirty, that’s why a rematch was necessary. With Horn, as you can see it, nobody but you and a very few people want to see a Pac vs Horn 2. I would rather see Pac fight Crawford or Spence win or lose and retire than see him fight Horn again. Pac never tested positive for PEDs so with or without testing, his fight results would always be the same.
              I don't want to see him fight Horn. Like you say he's a dirty fighter and he doesn't deserve a rematch.

Comment

Horn is dangerous not because of the skills and determination of Morales, Marquez, Barrera..., but because he's dirty. It's too risky a fight and nobody will give him props if he wins. It just really isn't worth it. Horn is a has been already. So yeah I'm happy to admit I don't want him to lose in a ****ty fight like that, I'd prefer he made big money facing Crawford and getting a loss. Manny deserves at least that much. Horn with no title would be utterly pointless.

Morales didn't spend the whole fight throwing headbutt after headbutt mixed with wrestling. The blood was unfortunate, but I have my doubts it was intentional, arguable of course.

Comment

Pacquiao is never gonna give it up lol

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post
                    Horn is dangerous not because of the skills and determination of Morales, Marquez, Barrera..., but because he's dirty. It's too risky a fight and nobody will give him props if he wins. It just really isn't worth it. Horn is a has been already. So yeah I'm happy to admit I don't want him to lose in a ****ty fight like that, I'd prefer he made big money facing Crawford and getting a loss. Manny deserves at least that much. Horn with no title would be utterly pointless.

Morales didn't spend the whole fight throwing headbutt after headbutt mixed with wrestling. The blood was unfortunate, but I have my doubts it was intentional, arguable of course.
                    That's a fair enough take and I respect you for the stance.

My stance is, Manny should have beaten the guy. Period. He didn't show up. But he shouldn't have lost that fight.

People can say I hate Manny; I don't. I hate when a fighter doesn't show up. He didn't show up in the first Bradley fight, he didn't show up against Mayweather and he didn't show up against Horn. At some point you have to hold these fighters accountable.

You take a guy like Broner who stopped showing up after Maidana schooled him, people get on his case for not letting hands go, yet Manny stopped showing up after Marquez slept him, then Manny stopped letting his hands go, takes two losses he shouldn't have but he gets a pass and people make excuses. It's frustrating.

Comment

That's a fair enough take and I respect you for the stance.

My stance is, Manny should have beaten the guy. Period. He didn't show up. But he shouldn't have lost that fight.

People can say I hate Manny; I don't. I hate when a fighter doesn't show up. He didn't show up in the first Bradley fight, he didn't show up against Mayweather and he didn't show up against Horn. At some point you have to hold these fighters accountable.

You take a guy like Broner who stopped showing up after Maidana schooled him, people get on his case for not letting hands go, yet Manny stopped showing up after Marquez slept him, then Manny stopped letting his hands go, takes two losses he shouldn't have but he gets a pass and people make excuses. It's frustrating.
                      Preach brother, I guess a lot of people overlook the fact he held back in every fight after that brutal KO loss, it's no surprise he hasn't knocked anyone out since then, as you rightly pointed out he never went all out again as he used to. Many would utterly overwhelm people and he'd go toe to toe in slug fest. I guess he wanted the gravy train to keep paying.

I love the guy for his achievements, but yeah no doubt he's a shadow of the Manny of old. It was a hard one for me to root for either in those Marquez fights because I loved watching Marquez too, he always left it in the ring except against Mayweather. Although Money boxed his ears off, I felt he didn't show up, he was too cautious.

I'm hoping now his nearly decade long streak of decisions is over he can let his hands go in his last 3 fights. Only then will he really be threat to Crawford, Spence or Lomachenko. Obviously the risk is also inversely proportional because he may leave himself open to a brutal counter a la Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X