Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye Feels Tyson Fury's Style Could Create Problems For Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    Considering Wlad almost took AJs head off and on the road in AJ's back yard. Fury is like a stealth attack, Wlad never launched his missiles.
    I think Wlad came at AJ because he didn't pull the trigger with Fury. I believe if he fought Fury in a rematch it would've looked different. Wlad fought like he was waiting for the perfect shot, instead of trying to create the opportunity for it. When Wlad got in with AJ he refused to make the same mistake again so he let his hands go. Wilder has a decent jab, good hand, and foot speed, and a long reach. If Fury was a lefty I wouldn't give Wilder a shot, because he'd nullify Wilder's jab like Ortiz did. I think Wilder will be able to land that one shot he needs, mainly because he never gets discouraged and Fury will win most of the early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
      I'll be shocked if this happens, but happy. Big gamble for Fury this early in his comeback. If he's back to where he was, or close, he can beat Wilder.

Wilder can be fairly easily outboxed as we've seen with Arthur Spiltzka and King Kong but his equaliser makes him dangerous as hell throughout.
      Was Szpilka hitting Wilder with anything notable? Do you remember any of the 63 punches he landed in 8 plus rounds? I ask because maybe Szpilka wasn't out boxing Wilder (which would indicate he was landing more or better punches), but was merely doing a good job of making Wilder miss the big shots he was trying to throw.

Comment

Originally posted by gdub27 View Post
        I think Wlad came at AJ because he didn't pull the trigger with Fury. I believe if he fought Fury in a rematch it would've looked different. Wlad fought like he was waiting for the perfect shot, instead of trying to create the opportunity for it. When Wlad got in with AJ he refused to make the same mistake again so he let his hands go. Wilder has a decent jab, good hand, and foot speed, and a long reach. If Fury was a lefty I wouldn't give Wilder a shot, because he'd nullify Wilder's jab like Ortiz did. I think Wilder will be able to land that one shot he needs, mainly because he never gets discouraged and Fury will win most of the early rounds.
        Fury is ambidextrous. He can box just well southpaw as orthodox. You can see him practicising switching stance in this video:

He looks sharp to me, and a lot lighter than he was against Seferi. If he still has his engine, Wilder is going to end up wishing he'd signed that contract Hearn sent him!

Comment

A fit and fight conditioned Tyson would box rings around W.....I don't think he is but I still give him a chance ....more than AJ. gives himself.....!

I hope this happens ,as T. seems he's prepared to put it on the line ...I used to like money man AJ.....not for me!

Hearn......I would always have my son box for.....I know he'd be safe!

Comment

This is possibly the worst style match up for Deontay Wilder because he will be facing an opponent with more physical advantages than himself and is also very mobile too. At least with Joshua you know where he will be at all times and that is the center of the ring at mid range.

With Fury you have a fighter who is more versatile. He could fight from short range while leaning all his weight on you off the front foot or by long range by moving around the ring from a distance off the back foot, making it very difficult to land flush punches on him in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Fury is ambidextrous. He can box just well southpaw as orthodox. You can see him practicising switching stance in this video:

He looks sharp to me, and a lot lighter than he was against Seferi. If he still has his engine, Wilder is going to end up wishing he'd signed that contract Hearn sent him!
              I agree. He appears much fitter and slimmer in that video than usual. He looks like he's in tip top shape.

Comment

Fury is roughly 6'9", with longer arms than an orangutan. Plus he can move his feet. He'll give any heavyweight problems, especially when he's in shape, and he's a trickier opponent for Wilder than Joshua would be. It's an interesting showdown, and the best part is that Eddie Hearn is not involved. Hearn can only watch from the sidelines as the B-side starts to become an A-side. If Wilder can knockout Fury, the British public may finally start to demand a Wilder-Joshua fight. While the rest of the world salivates over the idea of an exciting Wilder-Joshua title unification showdown, British boxing fans only seem interested in that fight if Joshua can earn x-amount more money than Wilder.

Comment

I think Wlad was more aggressive with Joshua because he could be. Joshua does not have the upper-body movement that Fury does, and Joshua is a lot more slow-footed and stationary. Fury's size and style completely befuddled Wladimir, but Klitschko could take advantage of the openings & opportunities that Joshua presented. Unfortunately for Wladimir, Joshua was young enough to muster a second-wind late in the fight.
                  I take nothing away from Klitschko, but he has never been known as a resilient warrior with the heart of a lion, so it's very telling that he was able to appear that way at 41 against Joshua. It was a good war to behold, but people may have came away with an unrealistic impression of Joshua. People who are overly impressed by Joshua's effort against Klitschko must think Corrie Sanders was the second coming of Jack Dempsey.

Comment

Wlad came at AJ because AJ is muscle bound and easy to find. Fury frustrated and worried Wlad with a very active defense. AJ has cement shoes, he has the grace of a hippo.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      This is possibly the worst style match up for Deontay Wilder because he will be facing an opponent with more physical advantages than himself and is also very mobile too. At least with Joshua you know where he will be at all times and that is the center of the ring at mid range.

With Fury you have a fighter who is more versatile. He could fight from short range while leaning all his weight on you off the front foot or by long range by moving around the ring from a distance off the back foot, making it very difficult to land flush punches on him in the process.
                      I agree, but it's probably the right fight to take. It shows Wilder is serious, and it doesn't look great for Hearn who portrayed Team Wilder as the ones being difficult to negotiate with. Up until now, British posters on here seem indifferent as to weather Joshua fights Wilder or not, talking more about Joshua's celebrity appeal than his boxing prowess. If Wilder beats Fury, they may start to change their tune about the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X