Spence's power overrated 🤔?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
    its not like breaking an arm or leg where they are seperate

if u break one cheek bone or eye socket it puts more pressure on the other side
    Really? Didn't they repair it by putting a metal plate inside and all that?

Are you a doctor (no, I'm not attacking. I'm being serious) or do you have some information on this? I'm just asking because I never thought that would be the case. You could be right, but I'm just interested in the info on this. I don't remember reading any discussion on this when reading about his eye socket injuries.

I just kept reading people involved saying that he has another eye socket injury was "unbelievable," but didn't read a statement from a surgeon.
    Last edited by travestyny; 07-31-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I absolutely disagree. Everyone knows he's a big puncher and his opponents shell up quite a lot. He also has plenty of 1-ish punch KOs. He's not Julian Jackson, with that lightning fast lights out power. But neither is Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post

Comment

Who cares? He's kicking every ass put in front of him and has the whole division pussified.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
            In most of his fights he's putting his all into his punches but I don't see the natural crushing power everyone is raving about.

He was teeing off on that South African guy and couldn't drop him, he dropped Algeria the first time because he was off balance, Algeria also twisted his ankle which made the KO easier for Spence.

His power ain't that great tbh.
            Yeah he loads up like trying to pitch a fastball and dudes just cover up, this why people put crawford ahead of him because crawford will box and move as well as mix it up, spence really only goes forward with no head movement and throws hard with all his weight

If a guy can quickly touch him with short fast power shots down the middle he could get a shock and might go into defensive mode

Comment

He doesn't have the heaviest of hands and his one shot power may be overrated, but he is consistent from round 1 on and just breaks you down. A guy like Thurman throws major heat in the first few rounds but then his power tails off a bit. Spence on the other hand will be on you from start to finish and eventually you will be stopped.

This is why I don't get people saying Mikey will go down from the first shot Spence lands. No, Spence will have to break him down. That's why the fight lasts probably 6-8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Comment

seems powerful to me. mayweather and broner felt it with sparring gloves.

Comment

Spence doesn't hit hard at all, that's why he doesn't have any knock outs and all his opponents and sparring partners say he doesn't hit hard. Thank you for sharing your boxing acumen with us, i had my doubts, but since you made this thread, the case is closed. Spence is practically feather fisted.

Comment

He has legit power thats for sure. Hes body punches are hard as hell

Comment

Working...
                      X