Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you work in the trucking industry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
    Í Work a an owner operator truck driver in the oil fields in The Permian Basin area, work is constant and the pay is around 5k a week average after all deductions.
    Not too shabby..
    That is way different though as we all know what a boon the oil biz is in right now. Which is good obviously but that isn't the norm. And I have my doubts that you are netting $280K/year, unless you have people working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
      I'm a driver and get payed great money, more than enough to support myself and if I had a family I'd be able to support them too. I work for a large company that has a fleet of trucks they own, I haven't met many drivers who own their own truck. It's a good job that pays extremely well considering the amount of training it requires.. I'm not really sure what you're on about
      Maybe you should read the articles I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        It's just those short haulage guys at the port in Cali who got screwed by some unscrupulous trucking companies out there. Like I said Jamaicans who are in trucking up there make great money.
        By and large, truckers don't make good money and get treated like dirt. That is kind of the point of the thread--that they aren't compensated fairly and are treated poorly by their employers. A lot of it depends on where you are and what industry and what you haul. The avg. salary is around $40K, which ain't chit.

http://www.grimestrucking.com/how-mu...alary-map.html

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
          By and large, truckers don't make good money and get treated like dirt. That is kind of the point of the thread--that they aren't compensated fairly and are treated poorly by their employers. A lot of it depends on where you are and what industry and what you haul. The avg. salary is around $40K, which ain't chit.

http://www.grimestrucking.com/how-mu...alary-map.html
          Unless the ones I know have other "cargo" aboard. They do well and I don't hear them having theses struggles.

Comment

That's a big 10-4 good buddy

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
              Maybe you should read the articles I posted.
              I did and I personally don't know anyone who that article actually applies to. It's pretty over the top and maybe happens to some guy's under terrible companies but I'm willing to bet this isn't the case for the majority of people in the industry.

But again, I don't work for a company that requires driver's to own their own trucks or a company that somehow forces guys to work an absurd amount of time.Just my personal experience, I don't speak for everyone. But i found that article to be shocking

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                I did and I personally don't know anyone who that article actually applies to. It's pretty over the top and maybe happens to some guy's under terrible companies but I'm willing to bet this isn't the case for the majority of people in the industry.

But again, I don't work for a company that requires driver's to own their own trucks or a company that somehow forces guys to work an absurd amount of time.Just my personal experience, I don't speak for everyone. But i found that article to be shocking

Well, it's a four-piece article. It is an industry that is obviously rife with problems. I don't think USA Today would've run with an investigative piece like this if it didn't have any legs. And the avg. pay based on the numbers I looked at is $40K/year, which is hardly a lot of money.

Comment

Working...
                X