No announcement yet.

Mr. Olympia 2018, anyone else follow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Olympia 2018, anyone else follow?

Anyone follow the sport or compete? I thought Shawn Rhoden was deserving of the win. He was insanely peeled. Phil beats him from the back but that was it. Bodybuilding is objective like boxing, just wondering if anyone else knows the sport.

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
    Anyone follow the sport or compete? I thought Shawn Rhoden was deserving of the win. He was insanely peeled. Phil beats him from the back but that was it. Bodybuilding is objective like boxing, just wondering if anyone else knows the sport.
    Phil was pretty salty afterwards.

I think that German guy they call the Wolf used to post on here.

Comment

I'm slightly interested in it, but building and defining muscles like that just seems to have no functionality. To me, powerlifting and strongman/woman type competitions are more interesting.

Comment

It is hard to be a fan of what is hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
          I'm slightly interested in it, but building and defining muscles like that just seems to have no functionality. To me, powerlifting and strongman/woman type competitions are more interesting.
          Yeah but its just competition pure and simple. Working on a tennis serve only really helps you at being good at tennis. I like strongman and Big Z is my favorite. Hes got the biggest tummy but he has the best cardio and can out shoulder press anyone. Weighing four hundred pounds is not functional period unless its for ur chosen sport. We all judge boxers on their weigh in physiques. Bodybuilding is essentially just that part.I know it's different because they don't throw down, But like it or not everyone on this forum cant wait to see what two boxers look like with their shirts off and give their opinions on who looks "good". If a "smaller" looking Canelo stood more toe to toe then why do we make so much about the weigh in? Cause its fun, it's visual. Anywho I understand if people don't rep bodybuilding but you cnat say you dont understand it some way if you get hyped about weigh ins.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Phil was pretty salty afterwards.

I think that German guy they call the Wolf used to post on here.
            I agree Phil seemed pretty bent outta shape, almost like he had already spent that $400k. Do u mean Dennis Wolf? Holla if ur on her Dennis, you have an insane physique. You have fans everywhere.

Comment

I agreed with the decision--you meant "subjective", right?

I also agree with Dorian Yates that bodybuilding has gone backwards in the last 20 years; bodybuilders today appear on the Olympia stage looking about "4-5 weeks out" by the standards of the 1990s; you just don't see conditioning like this anymore: https://youtu.be/GP2EMwbSZaU

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
                I agreed with the decision--you meant "subjective", right?

I also agree with Dorian Yates that bodybuilding has gone backwards in the last 20 years; bodybuilders today appear on the Olympia stage looking about "4-5 weeks out" by the standards of the 1990s; you just don't see conditioning like this anymore: https://youtu.be/GP2EMwbSZaU
                Yes I meant "subjective" sorry bout that. I think we can get a bit nostalgic, and truthfully its hard to tell unless you really got to see everyone standing next to eachother. But I will agree that back in the 90s I think most top competitors showed in their best condition for the Olympia. Now you get people showing up at the top comp having looked better at previous shows. I think people are playing too many games with their last days of contest prep, carbing up etc. Theres no way you can say you were in ur best shape when u start sweating on stage. Dorian always nailed his condition. Always had the best tan also, Phil looked winded all night. Mr.Olympia should hopefully be the most conditioned guy on stage.

Comment

I agree Phil seemed pretty bent outta shape, almost like he had already spent that $400k. Do u mean Dennis Wolf? Holla if ur on her Dennis, you have an insane physique. You have fans everywhere.
                  Yes, he used to post here quite often. I forget his username.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    Yes, he used to post here quite often. I forget his username.
                    !! Anorak?

Comment

Working...
                    X