Arum: When Spence vs. Crawford can sell 500k PPV buys we'll start to talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Sooooooo never.

Did you see Spence tonight? All the talent in the world, but little personality. Same for Bud. They're not PPV guys and never will be.

Spence-Crawford for all the titles, undisputed, would sell 300-400k tops.
    That's way too generous, fight would sell 150k tops.

Comment

PPV again? **** that ****. This fight should be on regular ESPN. You ask a regular person on the street if they know who Spence or Crawford is and they'll ask who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
        And it's clearly Crawford has got that message too

"I just think business wise it has to make sense," Crawford said. "Al isn't going to send his fighters to ESPN if it doesn't make sense, and Bob isn't going to send me to Showtime if it doesn't make sense. If the fight makes sense, the fight will happen.
        http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...rd-believes-so

Both sides are trying to build this.
        Yep. Nobody is ducking anybody. This is gonna be Leonard-Hearns.

Comment

So some fans are actually in favor of "let it marinate" now?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            So some fans are actually in favor of "let it marinate" now?
            What are you referring to? Everything has context.

Comment

What are you referring to? Everything has context.
              I'm referring to the fact that some posters are coming out in support of letting this fight marinate.

If we're lucky we might get to see this when both guys are only slightly past prime. Or maybe Spence will grow out of the welterweight division and we won't see it at all.

Comment

I'm referring to the fact that some posters are coming out in support of letting this fight marinate.

If we're lucky we might get to see this when both guys are only slightly past prime. Or maybe Spence will grow out of the welterweight division and we won't see it at all.
                Like I said everything has context, it's ok to want a certain fight to marinate for a reasonable time, and not another. For example with me I have no issue with this fight waiting till late next year, why? Because both guys are still prime, with belts out there to collect, and both are clearly the best so I feel no treat of someone derailing the fight with a loss.. Anything after late next year is just stalling.
                Last edited by CLUE; 06-16-2018, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Like I said everything has context, it's ok to want a certain fight to marinate for a reasonable time, and not another. For example with me I have no issue with this fight waiting till late next year, why? Because both guys are still prime, with belts out there to collect, and both are clearly the best so I feel no treat of someone derailing the fight with a loss.. Anything after late next year is just stalling.
                  This fight won't sell 500k PPV buys by late next year. So get ready for some stalling.

Comment

This fight won't sell 500k PPV buys by late next year. So get ready for some stalling.
                    The demand will be too big from fans not to be made, don't worry about that 500k PPV number. That is just Arum buying time. The fight will have to be made because it will be the only big fight left. Once Thurman is out the way.

Comment

Yes Bob let this fight marinate like juanma Lopez vs yuri Gamboa😐

Comment

Working...
                      X