Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we quit absolving fighters of all responsibilities for fights not happening....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we quit absolving fighters of all responsibilities for fights not happening....

In almost every case when a fight doesnt happen its because at least one fighter doesnt want it. NOT because of a promoter stopping it from happening

You all exaggerate these inter company differences so much when it comes to negotation. I cant think of many examples where theres been two guys who have agreed terms, want to fight each other but the promoters have said oh look i dont like that promoter so its not happening. How the hell do u think the fighters woudl react if that was the case? Promoters advise but they dont dictate or their reputation would be go through the mud.

Like with lomachenko and linares, all i ever used to hear was that top rank and golden boy wont work together,but when it was clear they wanted each other the fight gets made quick and no problems.

The promoters work for the fighters not the other way round, they may be able to take advantage of the journeyman and fringe guys but its the world level boxers who are responsible for the gravy train and who can swap companies as they choose. If you let a promoter tell you you can only fight this guy and not that guy then you have no sort of backbone whatsoever.

And another thing that really bugs me is when fighters get a free pass for in-house fights. 'Oh well that stables only got such and such that are realistic fights, theres noone out there'- Well if you sign for a promoter whos well known for in house fights and theres noone good 'inhouse' you know exactly what you are going to get. Spare me the whole 'if only he could fight the big names' routine. He could but he wont cause he likes the comfort zone.

Theres reasons that some fighters get hard opponents and some dont, and its very rarely anything to do with promoters.

You got it figured out. Hardly ever does the promoter stop a fight from happening. Great all around post.

Comment

The Big Dunn

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
        I agree that it isn't always the promoter. That is why I blame GGG for fighting Vanes and not a better guy once Canelo tested positive.

I hope dramashow stays true to this and blames Loma for fighting beltran instead of not making Arum make the Mikey fight. He has been LOUD about Crawford not asking for a Spence fight but eerily silent on Loma doing same relative to a Mikey fight, so here is his chance to rectify that.

I hope he blames AJ for not making the Wilder fight instead of Hearn. AJ is the draw and should demand Hearn make Wilder a credible offer, not one that blocks the fight from happening.

I also hope the TS changes his position and blames GGG if he doesn't fight Charlo. Relative to this fight, he posted Charlo hasn't earned a fight with GGG rather than blaming GGG for not making a fight with him.

Any of you that cosign this need to know that dramashow feels black fighters are not criticized like GGG, Loma and other eastern European or Russian fighters when it comes to fights not happening.

Be careful attaching yourself to him and his warped, pathetic agenda.

Comment

Hearn is going to try the UFC blueprint with DAZN .

This would be superior to the current set up bc fighters will be forced to fight eachother and will be harder to avoid tougher match ups .

Its going to be a minute ,probably close to a decade bf we get a HEARN league where you'll see better match ups against the top guys .

Boxing simply is to spread out with to many contractual obligations and promotions to get a great fight often . The UFC doesn't allow guys NOT fighting eachother and often win or lose .

Hearn as a sole promoter would allow the fighters to easily negotiate under a big brand ( assuming DAZN grows ) the thread is correct however in some cases CERTAIN ...cough ....cough .........fighters arent smart enough to dictate their own career and let their team LOW BALL them . lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I agree that it isn't always the promoter. That is why I blame GGG for fighting Vanes and not a better guy once Canelo tested positive.

I hope dramashow stays true to this and blames Loma for fighting beltran instead of not making Arum make the Mikey fight. He has been LOUD about Crawford not asking for a Spence fight but eerily silent on Loma doing same relative to a Mikey fight, so here is his chance to rectify that.

I hope he blames AJ for not making the Wilder fight instead of Hearn. AJ is the draw and should demand Hearn make Wilder a credible offer, not one that blocks the fight from happening.

I also hope the TS changes his position and blames GGG if he doesn't fight Charlo. Relative to this fight, he posted Charlo hasn't earned a fight with GGG rather than blaming GGG for not making a fight with him.

Any of you that cosign this need to know that dramashow feels black fighters are not criticized like GGG, Loma and other eastern European or Russian fighters when it comes to fights not happening.

Be careful attaching yourself to him and his warped, pathetic agenda.
            What u babbling on about. As I said I leave the racism to you. On the one hand I'm the biggest Joshua fan boy then on the other I'm apparently some white supremacist lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
              What u babbling on about. As I said I leave the racism to you. On the one hand I'm the biggest Joshua fan boy then on the other I'm apparently some white supremacist lol
              I blamed the fighters for fights not happening instead of the promoters, isn't that what you asked in this thread?

I've never called you a white supremacist.

Now why haven't you asked Loma to make Arum make the Mikey fight the same way you criticize Crawford for him not making Arum make the Spence fight?

Comment

I blamed the fighters for fights not happening instead of the promoters, isn't that what you asked in this thread?

Now why haven't you asked Loma to make Arum make the Mikey fight the same way you criticize Crawford for him not making Arum make the Spence fight?
                Lomachenko has had surgery and is recouping. That's a legitimate excuse-- but despite this, he's still probably going to take on a world champ in his return fight.

What injury has Crawford or Spence had?

Injury--- no, SURGERY is a legitimate excuse, since when has it never not been?

Comment

If u followed boxing you'd realise he's injured. And if they are around in the same division and lomachenko starts dragging up in house bums and avoids Mikey then I will call him out on it.

Comment

I agree. It's not Hearn. Johnson is scared

Comment

Working...
                    X