No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain to me why Lomachenko NEEDS Teofimo Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    When did they start hyping Lopez? Just after Mikey Garcia got totally dominated and looked lackluster. Oh damn, Mikey is not what we hyped him up to be, he wont beat Loma, we need to find somebody else. They hate seeing a none American fighter on top of the sport.

Thats US Media for you, they always try to hype another American or Mexican fighter up to create new narratives. Lopez hasnt fought anybody and its just the poor state of other US/MX talent that they have to bring up the name of a 21 year old newbie who has not beaten anybody with a pulse.
    Thats so true thinking about it, he wasnt even mentioned before mikey lost. They needed a new boogeyman and they had to look outside the top 20 to find one

Comment

Lopez is a dangerous fight. You can debate whether or not that's true but that is a lot of people's perception (mine included) If Loma doesn't fight him now, there will always be those who say he was swerved.

It's a good fight, I know I'd like to see it. Lopez gives up experience for an advantage of size and strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
        Please tell me exactly what is Loma going to gain out of a fight with Lopez LEGACY WISE? Lopez literally has nothing on the table compared to the guys I already mentioned. It's a waste of time for Loma to fight a prospect when he could be going after more belts and unify. The fight with Crolla is merely a stay busy fight after Commey got injured. He's not getting any credit for a win over Crolla.
        So if he's not getting any credit for Crolla/Marriaga/Sosa then why does it matter if he gets credit for Lopez or not? If Lopez DOMINATES or clearly beats Pedraza later this year, please tell me why he wouldn't be worthy of challenging Lomachenko? I mean Pedraza certainly was worthy and had some moments in that fight.

If Lopez is to dominate Pedraza then he will clearly show what type of level he is on and that level will be superior than what Lomachenko has been fighting recently, aside from possibly Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          What makes lopez special? Lopez has done nothing as an amateur or as a pro, absolutely nothing. He lost in the first round of the olympics. Theres plenty of fighters in every division who look like a million dollars against bums. I seem to recall gary russell was prospect of the year, was looking sensational (agaisnt better opposition than lopez) and was gonna beat loma then he got whooped.
          And Lomachenko gets a lot of credit for that win over GRJ, right? So what is the issue? Tell me, if Lopez dominates Pedraza later this year, why would he be so unworthy of the Lomachenko fight? If you think Lomachenko is going to school and dominate Lopez, then you should be hoping for that fight to come to fruition.

Lopez isn't getting Lomachenko unless he beats someone like Pedraza or Commey. But if he does, you guys can save the BS about Lomachenko not getting any credit for the win when Lopez would have defeated a recent opponent of Lomachenko's.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            So if he's not getting any credit for Crolla/Marriaga/Sosa then why does it matter if he gets credit for Lopez or not? If Lopez DOMINATES or clearly beats Pedraza later this year, please tell me why he wouldn't be worthy of challenging Lomachenko? I mean Pedraza certainly was worthy and had some moments in that fight.

If Lopez is to dominate Pedraza then he will clearly show what type of level he is on and that level will be superior than what Lomachenko has been fighting recently, aside from possibly Linares.
            You keep using the word IF. Stop acting like Lopez already has a fight with Pedraza or any decent opponent lined up when nothing has been signed, it’s all talk. Again, I would support a fight between Loma and Lopez if Lopez gets a belt from a notable opponent like Commey. Why is that so hard to understand??

If Lopez is so confident in his own ability against Loma he should go for a fight with Commey and get a belt first and then face Loma for a unification bout. Is that that really a lot to ask?
            Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 04-08-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

And Lomachenko gets a lot of credit for that win over GRJ, right? So what is the issue? Tell me, if Lopez dominates Pedraza later this year, why would he be so unworthy of the Lomachenko fight? If you think Lomachenko is going to school and dominate Lopez, then you should be hoping for that fight to come to fruition.

Lopez isn't getting Lomachenko unless he beats someone like Pedraza or Commey. But if he does, you guys can save the BS about Lomachenko not getting any credit for the win when Lopez would have defeated a recent opponent of Lomachenko's.
              Russell is the only win I give him credit for as being good, his best opponent, and that seems another lifetime ago. Russell hasn't gone on to do anything worthwhile since.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
                You keep using the word IF. Stop acting like Lopez already has a fight with Pedraza or any decent opponent lined up when nothing has been signed, it’s all talk. Again, I would support a fight between Loma and Lopez if Lopez gets a belt from a notable opponent like Commey. Why is that so hard to understand??

If Lopez is so confident in his own ability against Loma he should go for a fight with Commey and get a belt first and then face Loma for a unification bout. Is that that really a lot to ask?
                Dude, I've been saying this the entire damn time. Top Rank's plan is for him to fight a top guy before Lomachenko. They are not giving him Lomachenko until he beats a top guy. That's why the IF is being used in the first place, just look at Arum's own damn quote on this potential fight. So now answer me, if Lopez dominates Pedraza or someone of that level, will you be fine with the fight, yes or no?

Who is to say Lopez doesn't want Commey? He's mentioned that possibility but TR said they prefer the Lomachenko unification fight for Commey, which is understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Russell is the only win I give him credit for as being good, his best opponent, and that seems another lifetime ago. Russell hasn't gone on to do anything worthwhile since.
                  He needs to fight LSC later this year period. Enough of this BS, and then if he beats him, time to move up as he's been saying and go after Davis.

Comment

If Teo beats Commey or Pedraza or Campbell I don't think anybody would complain about him getting Lomachenko next. But that hasn't happened yet which is why its hilarious that you have some people already claiming that Lomachenko is somehow avoiding Lopez or something.

Comment

Dude, I've been saying this the entire damn time. Top Rank's plan is for him to fight a top guy before Lomachenko. They are not giving him Lomachenko until he beats a top guy. That's why the IF is being used in the first place, just look at Arum's own damn quote on this potential fight. So now answer me, if Lopez dominates Pedraza or someone of that level, will you be fine with the fight, yes or no?

Who is to say Lopez doesn't want Commey? He's mentioned that possibility but TR said they prefer the Lomachenko unification fight for Commey, which is understandable.
                      I literally said that I would be fine with a fight between Loma and Lopez TWICE... But sure, I’ll bite. IF Lopez gets by with a notable opponent but with no belt, should he fight Loma still? If there is no other available opponents for Loma to face then sure I guess a fight would be ok, but it would not have that much impact. Loma should focus more on fighters that matters more.

We should stop pretending as if Lopez has actually done something worthwhile. Until he gets a win over a noteworthy guy, which I’m sure he can, then we can talk about a potential match up.

Comment

Working...
                      X