Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best fighting the best. We demand it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best fighting the best. We demand it!

As a lifelong boxing fan I've become increasingly frustrated over the years with all of the political differences between the promoters, TV networks, sanctioning bodies, etc. We are not getting the fights that we want to see. I feel we as fans deserve better. Wouldn't you agree?

As more streaming services and platforms are coming around, it seems like the problems are only getting worse. It went from Arum & Oscar not working together, to Arum, Oscar, and Al not working together, now comes DAZN and Hearn and Fighter A is exclusive with this TV network and Fighter B is exlusive with that TV network and we aren't getting good fights.

Are you aware that in the 2 PPV fights in 2019 (Pacquiao / Broner, Spence / Garcia) the underdog did not land over 10 punches in any single round? Are you also aware that on the 6 televised under cards on these PPVs that the underdog did not win one single round?!?! Yet, fans are expected to pay for this???

I think it's time that we as fans demand that this stop. It is our money that these people are being greedy over, so we need to demand better.

Please take one minute of your time and sign the petition at the below link. It is free to sign and literally only takes a minute. We are calling for all of the powers that be put their political differences to the side and start delivering the best fights possible. We are asking they use the remainder of 2019 to mend relationships for that they can begin announcing the best fights for early 2020. We are prepared to BOYCOTT the sport of boxing on January 1st, 2020 if things do not change.

Copied in on the petition is the Nevada State Athletic Commision. The WBC, WBO, IBF and WBA. Top Rank Promotions. Matchroom Boxing. Haymon Boxing / PBC. and Golden Boy Promotions. They will receive periodic updates as more and more signature milestones are reached. The hope being that when they see how tired the fans have become, that things will change. And we are allowing them the remainder of this year to mend the broken relationships....

Please understand that regardless of which fighters you root for, the best fighting the best is good for EVERYONE. There should not be any arguements on this topic because if you're a fan of the sport we should all want this exact same thing. So please take a minute and sign. Also, share the petition with any other boxing forums, social media groups, etc. Thank you!

So apparently I cannot post the web address to the petition since I am a new user on the forum. If people could please go to CHANGE.ORG, click the search icon in the top right and search for "Boxing Boycott". It will be one of the first search results and it will have the January 1st, 2020 boycott date..... Please sign the petition. Thanks!

Comment

Copy this link into your web browser. Read the mission statement. And sign the petition.

chng.it/hdH8qCJ6jQ

Updates will be sent to the sanctioning bodies and major promoters as signature milestones are reached. Let's give the sport the last 8 months of 2019 to start repairing their relationships and making the fights happen or else we turn the TV off in 2020..... We are the paying customer. We have the power to change this if we do it together. chng.it/hdH8qCJ6jQ

Comment

It already exists. WBSS. And it needs more support.

Comment

Spreading the word is the only way to get the support. The fans hold all the cards. Fans uniting and demanding the political BS between promoters be stopped will bring results.

chng.it/hdH8qCJ6jQ

Fans uniting on this cause is the only way to change things. If enough fans come together on this and stop paying money for garbage, things will change instantly. Cutting the money off always brings results.

Go to this link and sign it - chng.it/hdH8qCJ6jQ

And spread the word!

Comment

Originally posted by md40022 View Post
            As a lifelong boxing fan I've become increasingly frustrated over the years with all of the political differences between the promoters, TV networks, sanctioning bodies, etc. We are not getting the fights that we want to see. I feel we as fans deserve better. Wouldn't you agree?

As more streaming services and platforms are coming around, it seems like the problems are only getting worse. It went from Arum & Oscar not working together, to Arum, Oscar, and Al not working together, now comes DAZN and Hearn and Fighter A is exclusive with this TV network and Fighter B is exlusive with that TV network and we aren't getting good fights.

Are you aware that in the 2 PPV fights in 2019 (Pacquiao / Broner, Spence / Garcia) the underdog did not land over 10 punches in any single round? Are you also aware that on the 6 televised under cards on these PPVs that the underdog did not win one single round?!?! Yet, fans are expected to pay for this???

I think it's time that we as fans demand that this stop. It is our money that these people are being greedy over, so we need to demand better.

Please take one minute of your time and sign the petition at the below link. It is free to sign and literally only takes a minute. We are calling for all of the powers that be put their political differences to the side and start delivering the best fights possible. We are asking they use the remainder of 2019 to mend relationships for that they can begin announcing the best fights for early 2020. We are prepared to BOYCOTT the sport of boxing on January 1st, 2020 if things do not change.

Copied in on the petition is the Nevada State Athletic Commision. The WBC, WBO, IBF and WBA. Top Rank Promotions. Matchroom Boxing. Haymon Boxing / PBC. and Golden Boy Promotions. They will receive periodic updates as more and more signature milestones are reached. The hope being that when they see how tired the fans have become, that things will change. And we are allowing them the remainder of this year to mend the broken relationships....

Please understand that regardless of which fighters you root for, the best fighting the best is good for EVERYONE. There should not be any arguements on this topic because if you're a fan of the sport we should all want this exact same thing. So please take a minute and sign. Also, share the petition with any other boxing forums, social media groups, etc. Thank you!
            Very telling. This kind of match-making (or refereeing) needs to change. I've seen some horribly mismatched fighters getting blasted out recently, and it just looks bad for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by fistic flow View Post
              Very telling. This kind of match-making (or refereeing) needs to change. I've seen some horribly mismatched fighters getting blasted out recently, and it just looks bad for the sport.
              I agree. And it's incredibly disrespectful to the paying customer. Matchmakers and promoters are looking at it like why give us a compelling undercard match, when they can take that match and maybe use it as a main event on some other card that maybe isn't PPV worthy, but we are still paying for via our monthly subscription to whatever platform it is. So now instead of getting one of 4 really good fights, we are getting 4 separate cards that are watered down with mismatches. And instead of paying $75.00 for that one PPV card, now we are paying $75.00 for the one PPV and whatever subscription fee we pay to that platform for a few months of them giving us these watered down cards.

And at the end of the day we STILL aren't getting Spence-Crawford or Joshua-Wilder or whatever other marquee fight it is that we desire. And why aren't we getting those fights? Because the promoters are taking alllllll that money that we are giving them and wanting to keep every single penny for themselves, and not maybe take a slightly smaller piece of the pie for the sake of a co-promotion to give the paying customer what they want.

At some point "WE" have to say enough is enough. And with 2019 starting off the way it has - with 2 PPVs that have both been a joke thanks to team Haymon and Showtime, another PPV on it's way that will be a joke thanks to Mr. Arum and ESPN, and DAZN raising their rates thru the roof.... now is the time to put our foot down.

Things will change immediately once subscriptions get cancelled, tickets are not bought, and PPVs are not ordered. Promoters and matchmakers will straighten up immediately once their money starts to get effected. Fans need to get on board - January 1st, 2020 we walk out on boxing if things do not change.

Comment

Forget it doe.
                One baby can't even be rushed to fight an ageing Klitschko
                let alone younger lions in their primes and tip top form.

Comment

We all agree, but we are not going to get what we want. The promoters and networks will keep on doing what they like and what makes them the most money. They don't give a F about us fans.

Comment

Us fans control the money. That's what we need to realize. The money that the promoters and networks are making isn't magically falling from the sky, it is our money that is coming out of our wallets.

A little bit of initiative and a little bit of unity from the fans and things can and will change. People need to get behind this. The message is simple, the money stops on January 1st if things don't change.

It takes one minute for someone to put their name on the list. I'll handle all the leg work of getting this to the promoters and networks. I just need names on the list - chng.it/hKnL5t5ZN5

Comment

Working...
                    X