Collapse
No announcement yet.

Despite this being a very close fight one thing is clear Golovkin was overatted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he put in a great performance and i thought he won clearly in a fight where lots of people thought he was going to lose. But golovkin goes by a different criteria to every other fighter on here, if he doesnt ko them hes been exposed and deserves to lose apparantly.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
      who said Golovkins jabs were weak? they weren't why are you making a big deal about the use of lateral movement? is it not a part of boxing? Lateral movement to set traps and reset is not running.
      I'm not saying Canelo didn't have his moments, but GGG was the one coming forward throwing the harder shots, and outlanding Canelo basically 2 to 1. He is also 35. Not an excuse, simply a reality.

Comment

Would have love to see Pavlik GGG in this decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          I'm not saying Canelo didn't have his moments, but GGG was the one coming forward throwing the harder shots, and outlanding Canelo basically 2 to 1. He is also 35. Not an excuse, simply a reality.
          Nice choice of words "throwing the harder shots", because he sure as hell wasn't landing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Nice choice of words "throwing the harder shots", because he sure as hell wasn't landing them.
            good one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              I also said he outlanded Canelo 2-1...

But of course GGG didn't land. That's why Canelo looks like this:

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                I also said he outlanded Canelo 2-1...

But of course GGG didn't land. That's why Canelo looks like this:

He didn't land the harder cleaner shots. Canelo did. His jab didn't even have anything behind it either. Golovkin tried to win being busier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                  He has clearly been the best middleweight of his era and the past decade. So ultimately, that's the only objective thing we can verify. Things like ATG an being the best ever are all totally subjective because how are you going to objectively compare boxers from totally different eras and rank them? So as far as I'm concerned, being the best of one's own era is sufficient enough to be classified as an ATG.

Also, ANY boxer will look inferior against better quality opposition than lesser quality opposition. So GGG might have not looked AS good whilst stepping up, but neither have any of the past ATG's when they also stepped up most of the time.
                  Pretty sure Floyd made most of his top opposition look mediocre, Canelo included, who boxed GGG's ears off today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    Pretty sure Floyd made most of his top opposition look mediocre, Canelo included, who boxed GGG's ears off today.
                    Floyd usually didn't look any more impressive against his top opposition than Golovkin did against his top opposition. Mayweather, like Golovkin did better against bums / journeymen than he did against top opposition. Mayweather, like Golovkin struggled more against top quality opposition than inferior quality opposition.

Canelo was at his peak, at age 27 against a boxer who is past his best at age 35 and still looked to have inferior conditioning, fitness, stamina and effectiveness. So no, I don't see how he boxed GGG's ears off.

Comment

He deserves to be on any all time MW list simply because of the amount of defences and the KO run. I'm not saying he should be at the top, but he should be mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X