This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
    Most of our best youngsters have already been drafted into the first team, Wilshere and Mancienne are two of the players who could make the step up eventually imo, that will probably in a 3 years time or something though.

Because when you give the ball away as much as England its good to have a big man up there who can make the ball stick upfront, cause defenders problems with his presence to leave space for others, like onrushing midfielders etc.

Heskey will be a good weapon against teams that sit deep where the midfielders can play off him, Defoe would will be a good when we are playing counter attacking football where by he can latch onto long through balls and exploit them with his pace, neither are particularly great strikers though imo, although Defoe looks very good when he can bothered.
    I'm not giving up hope personally though.

I clearly see the force, and it needs to be set in motion.

I will say if the Limeys don't produce in the WC I'll be disheartened.

Because that's probably the last straw.

I don't see how a National Club can build and let down like that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Is there a better support in the world?

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post

Is there a better support in the world?
        World maybe no, because I support the English National Club.

I live in the United States of America.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and Bent. Those are the four front men that should be taken. It would be a bizarre decision to take Heskey IMO. I'd rather take Carlton Cole or Bobby Zamora (lol) if we have to take someone of that mould.

It's good to see Lennon fit again, and he'll be taken regardless of how he performs in the final 3 games of the season.

Michael Dawson should go instead of Matthew Upson too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Adam Johnson on the plane either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Vern View Post
            Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and Bent. Those are the four front men that should be taken. It would be a bizarre decision to take Heskey IMO. I'd rather take Carlton Cole or Bobby Zamora (lol) if we have to take someone of that mould.

It's good to see Lennon fit again, and he'll be taken regardless of how he performs in the final 3 games of the season.

Michael Dawson should go instead of Matthew Upson too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Adam Johnson on the plane either.
            Good post

I dont know if Heskey SHOULD go, but i mean he has proved himself in world cups....and still in todays football...last season i would have taken cole, this year he doesnt seem the same to be honest....Crouch is a great sub to bring on, defoe has his games where hes unbelievable or hes completely out of it....Zamora...i just really couldnt imagine, but this year hes been amazing, great target man...

And i really wouldnt mind seeing Johnson either, his peformances have been amazing.... Lennon, Milner, Johnson, Young, Walcott....

The pace of the team will be amazing....

The defense is where im confused about...Ferdinand, i dont have a clue what going on with him atm....but if hes match fit, hes playing 100%..Terry also, even though hes been abit dodgy this year....I personally think Dawson and Jagielka should be on the plane, fuk campbell and upson...

Jagielka has been 1 of the best CB's for the last 3 years....its only because hes just back from injury people arnt really considering him

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                Good post

I dont know if Heskey SHOULD go, but i mean he has proved himself in world cups....and still in todays football...last season i would have taken cole, this year he doesnt seem the same to be honest....Crouch is a great sub to bring on, defoe has his games where hes unbelievable or hes completely out of it....Zamora...i just really couldnt imagine, but this year hes been amazing, great target man...

And i really wouldnt mind seeing Johnson either, his peformances have been amazing.... Lennon, Milner, Johnson, Young, Walcott....

The pace of the team will be amazing....

The defense is where im confused about...Ferdinand, i dont have a clue what going on with him atm....but if hes match fit, hes playing 100%..Terry also, even though hes been abit dodgy this year....I personally think Dawson and Jagielka should be on the plane, fuk campbell and upson...

Jagielka has been 1 of the best CB's for the last 3 years....its only because hes just back from injury people arnt really considering him
                Neither Zamora or Cole will be taken, I'd rather those two over Heskey though.

As for Johnson, I agree. It's always good to have the option of a naturally left footed winger too. Obviously he won't be a starter, but he's more than capable of coming off the bench and making a difference.

Ferdinand's chronic back problems are a worry, for sure. Not to mention the other niggling injuries he's been picking up. And, when he has been fit, his performances have been below par. It's like he's lost a yard of pace, which pains me to say seeing as though I'm a United fan.

As far as Jagielka is concerned, I'm not so sure. He's not played much football this year which would be a concern. I'd like to see Ledley King taken, but he's about as useless as a chocolate tea pot with all his injuries.

I think taking Campbell would be a risk. His form has been good for Arsenal, but he'd get found out by the worlds best.

I'd take Gary Neville too. I already think Glen Johnson is our weak link (in a fully fit back four). He's great going forward, but defensively he's pretty vulnerable. Having G. Nev as back up is a nice option to have.

Out of interest, who would you take as back up for Ashley Cole? Warnock or Baines?

Comment

• What is England's youth looking like?

Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Beckham, Cole, etc are may not be in the next world cup or at least that will be their last.

Who are good english youths coming up? I know they got embarassed in the two youth world cups that happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    not sure if its been posted yet, but heres the PFA team of the year (English Premier League)

Joe Hart (Man City, Birmingham on loan)
                    Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea)
                    Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal)
                    Richard Dunne (Aston Villa)
                    Patrice Evra (Man Utd)
                    Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
                    James Milner (Aston Villa) PFA YOUNG PLAYER OTY
                    Darren Fletcher (Man Utd)
                    Antonio Valencia (Man Utd)
                    Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) PFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR
                    Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

Good to see Fletcher get some credit, couldnt imagine him in the team of the year a few years ago.
                    Where is the Ashley Cole nuthugger?? lol Not even the best left back in his league.
                    Good on Evra. He's been consistent this season and injury free. Cashley on the other hand, broke his ankle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
                      What is England's youth looking like?

Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Beckham, Cole, etc are may not be in the next world cup or at least that will be their last.

Who are good english youths coming up? I know they got embarassed in the two youth world cups that happened.
                      There are a few talented players coming through. Micah Richards, Chris Smalling, Ryan Shawcross, Jack Rodwell, Jack Wilshere, Dan Gosling, Victor Moses, etc. Not to mention players that are already in or on the fringes of the first team, such as Aaron Lennon, Theo Walcott, James Milner, Ashley Young, Tom Huddlestone, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Gary Cahill and Joe Hart.

Rodwell is probably the most promising young talent in England at the moment. Looks like he's going to be a very, very good player.

But yeah, the future of English football ain't all that bad.
                      Last edited by Big Vern; 04-26-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X