Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Outpoints Cotto, Claims Middleweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TERRIBLE scorecards! An investigation needs to be launched immediately! It's obvious certain people made SURE Cotto wouldn't win tonight. This is a HUGE black eye on the sport. Disgusting!

Comment

Very solid performance and win for Canelo.

He won't back out of any fight, he said 157-158 before, nothing has changed.

Comment

The fight was not even close. Glad to see Cotto gone. Hopefully Canelo sacks up and fights GGG soon as he said he would in the post fight interview. What was weird was that De La Hoya was not around anywhere, at least HBO cameras didn't show him.

Comment

I had no dog in the fight and honestly found myself rooting for Cotto anyway, but he clearly lost the fight. Idk how many of you are claiming it was close, let alone that Cotto won. Call it how it see it, some of you are extremely biased.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post

and canelo beats ggg easily,ggg has not faced a SINGLE elite fighter yet
            250Quad, I got GGG, don't pussy out

Comment

I can't see how canelo beats ggg. He couldn't even hurt cotto and he's not busy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
                canelo was too big for cotto and at spurt he outboxed him. Idc about the scorecards because the right guy won
                and cotto seemed flat..seemed to be overtrained, but still gave the bigger man a good fight..good win for canelo, but i'd have to be honest that im not impressed..he got outjabbed by the smaller man..if he couldnt hurt cotto my god that fight would ahve been hella close 8 to 4 for me

Comment

Canelo was the better fighter in pretty much every department. He outboxed Cotto.

I didn't think it was all that close. Canelo was landing the better shots in almost every round.

Comment

best thing about this is i dont gotta listen to roach running his mouth no more.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      Canelo had like 20 lbs on him. You expect Cotto to knock out a young lion with a 20lb weight advantage?

Canelo was only landing 2-3 good shots a round while Cotto was peppering him with combinations all night.

If this fight was scored the way Mayweather fights are scored then Cotto would have won, but those cards were mailed in before the bell even rang.
                      Exactly! If we're going to undermine Cotto for what he did in this fight, then the same standards should have been applied to Mayweather. I thought Cotto edged it 7-5....but obviously since it's Cotto, everyone is going to score differently.

Comment

Working...
                      X