Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Berto insist in using the shoulder roll?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    i liked how he said UH UH and shook his head after getting hit flush in the face by a right hand that he was supposed to roll.
    I love when fighters do that.

Comment

Bertos problem is stamina. He's wound up too tight and he's burning energy and putting a mental strain on himself in the ring. He can't relax. That happened to Jermaine Taylor as well. It's not the training because these guys are in shape.

Comment

I think Berto saw the shoulder roll was working for Broner so he wanted to try it but he's not having the same success with it he needs to stop using it

Comment

maidana is slicker and blacker than berto

exhibit a

exhibit b

exhibit c
          exhibit d

Comment

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
            Bertos problem is stamina. He's wound up too tight and he's burning energy and putting a mental strain on himself in the ring. He can't relax. That happened to Jermaine Taylor as well. It's not the training because these guys are in shape.
            Completely agree his stamina is shit.

Comment

Originally posted by DwightMare View Post
              His stamina issues are also caused by his muscular build and persistence on putting 100% into each shot.
              It is plain as day that Berto's body composition is made up of far too much explosive muscle. Having such a muscular physique requires copious amounts of oxygen to provide energy. This means that he is always getting gassed as his demand for oxygen increases also making the supply of oxygen going to the brain less and less, meaning he has a harder time thinking rationally which means he panics and reverts back to his usual mistakes/uneconomic style.
              He would benefit from doing some light weights with slow repetitions to shed some fast twitch muscle and gain some muscular endurance. He would lose a little bit of speed but he would be able to go 12.
              Berto clearly just trains for pure speed/explosiveness and he really shouldn't. He also needs to learn that you don't have to throw everything 100%.

Comment

Because he knows that when he bangs toe-to-toe he's just as likely to loose as he is to win, so I assume he thinks because he has good reflexes, he has good defense and can be slick.

He's about as slick as Shane ****in Mosley.

Comment

Cause he's black...

And I mean that literally... He's black, with fast hands, he originally thought he needed to be Sugar Ray Leonard, but he's too flat footed, so now he thinks he needs to be Floyd Mayweather

In the end, at best, we're talking a welterweight Tyson, which I think he could have pulled off quite well

Comment

Shoulder roll only works if you have insane reactions too. Berto has slow feet and a very slow body. He can't duck or move. Plus he isn't that tall so people can punch down to him.

Comment

maidana is slicker and blacker than berto

exhibit a

exhibit b

exhibit c

maidana 100% moves his head better than berto. his issue is handspeed and walking forward. he's an easy target, especially when he loads up. berto's hands are still fast enough to make him difficult to counter, his problem is that he's an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X