Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has FOUGHT THE MOST Top 10 P4P OPPONENTS IN HISTORY???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    Ever since the creation of ring magazine's mythical p4p top 10 list, who has fought the most top 10 p4p opposition in history?
    Any other time the TS is complaining about the ring rankings yet when he thinks an argument can be made for manny, well then the ring rankings are ok and legitimate. Damn guys manny is a great boxer, but he got ktfo and the image of him lying face down will be remebered for eternity.

Comment

Oscar would be my guess. Cat fought everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
        Mayweather is the ultimate pro at timing when picking opponents. He always takes them at the top of there game (or at least when they are perceived that way.

ODLH -on the downhill slope of his career but just off a world title win agaisnt Mayorga
        Ricky Hatton -Undefeated
        JMM - my only criticism really, outweighing him and all but JMM just came off a war agaisnt Diaz, which he won.
        Shane Mosley - #3 P4P and just killed Margarito
        Victor Ortiz -fought a brutal war agaisnt Berto and won, considered dangerous at the time
        Miguel Cotto - Off one of his greatest victories agaisnt Margarito, highly ranked

It's hard to argue the quality of Mayweathers opponents at the time.

Oh and Baldomir, Mayeather took him after he just beat Gatti and Judah

Mayweather picks the best, at the best times.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Any other time the TS is complaining about the ring rankings yet when he thinks an argument can be made for manny, well then the ring rankings are ok and legitimate. Damn guys manny is a great boxer, but he got ktfo and the image of him lying face down will be remebered for eternity.
          when do i always complain about ring ratings? the only time i remember going at the ring ratings in depth was their recent one with guerrero and broner being in.

sometimes they get it right sometime they get it wrong.

as for manny being ko'd, listen we are not floyd fanboys who live and die with an undefeated record. we know pac has lost and been ko'd before.

even tho im a pac fan, that fight was a great fight and a great night of boxing and i enjoyed it and im happy for marquez.

Comment

when do i always complain about ring ratings? the only time i remember going at the ring ratings in depth was their recent one with guerrero and broner being in.

sometimes they get it right sometime they get it wrong.

as for manny being ko'd, listen we are not floyd fanboys who live and die with an undefeated record. we know pac has lost and been ko'd before.

even tho im a pac fan, that fight was a great fight and a great night of boxing and i enjoyed it and im happy for marquez.
            Then stop with the "save manny's dignity" threads and posts. Real boxing fans will not forget all the things manny acomplished in the ring and would never let this ko mitigate or diminish those accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Then stop with the "save manny's dignity" threads and posts. Real boxing fans will not forget all the things manny acomplished in the ring and would never let this ko mitigate or diminish those accomplishments.
              what save the manny's dignity threads and posts?

this thread was made before the fight. hell i even posted in the manny ko pic thread.

smdh at floyd fans.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                To answer the question though, I think it's something like this:

Oscar - 6

Whitaker
                Tito
                B Hop
                Mayweather
                Pacquiao
                Mosley

Pacquiao - 7

Morales
                Marquez X 4
                Barrera
                Hatton
                Cotto
                Bradley
                Clottey (fought 2010 and was on P4P #6)

Whitaker - 5

McGirt X 2
                Nelson
                Chavez
                De La Hoya
                Tito

Mayweather - 5

Corrales
                Judah
                Hatton
                Mosley
                Marquez

Chavez - 5

Whitaker
                Randall
                De La Hoya
                Taylor
                Tszyu

I think Clottey was on P4P when he fought Pacquiao. Im not sure..

Comment

Pacquiao

De la Hoya

Comment

Originally posted by superhero View Post
                    I think Clottey was on P4P when he fought Pacquiao. Im not sure..
                    No, he wasn't.

He has never been on the P4P list in his life.

Comment

shouldnt it be 9 for pacquiao since he fought marquez 4x and 6 for pernell since he fought mcgirt 2x? & was shane top 10 p4p when floyd beat him?

anybody else care to challenge this list?
                      He was P4P #3.

Comment

Working...
                      X