Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Paul Willians be no.1 in the Welterweight had he fought like Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    Does his range get bigger at WW?

No but imo Paul Williams best division was welterweight, and thats what we are discussing, welterweights, say it again for the mentally challenged...welterweight

Mayweather and Martinez have around the same reach.

Cool..and with that said, you couldn't get Mayweather to utter Martinez name when Martinez was a threat, he'd have to be raked through the coals, or limping twice as bad as when cotto fought him. lol. You lightweight
    You said Williams would be out of Mayweathers range. That's what i bolded in my reply. DERP DERP.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      You said Williams would be out of Mayweathers range. That's what i bolded in my reply. DERP DERP.
      dude, what's your name Isaac Clarke, what are you special ed or something...you a clown man get out of here

Comment

mr. dunn you love having this discussion, because you love, defending Floyd Mayweather, in any kind of "weather". Lol

I actually watched both Paul Williams, and Floyd Mayweather fight, and even with Paul Williams fighting "small", he still would be fighting at a range that would be out of Floyd's imo, being that Paul Williams had significant height, and reach, and could actually box. Amir Khan, another fighter, chinny yeah, but could actually box, and actually won Floyd Mayweather's "who do you want to see me fight next context" but Floyd obviously welched.

Mr. Dunn, I don't consider fighters like Oscar De La Hoya, and Diego Corrales (especially Corrales) as long and rangy fighters who can box, or as having the same style as Khan, Williams, or Forrest (rip). The best pure boxer, I say Floyd Mayweather beat to this day, is still Zab Judah, but Zab Judah, didn't hold any height or reach advantages on Floyd Mayweather, and Zab Judah, had already been ko'd, and had just took an L, to Carlos Baldimir, so I was not impressed with that Floyd victory at all.

Mr. Dunn, you love and live to justify why certain fights didn't get made on Floyd Mayweather's behalf, and that's all you care about. Its important that you win in Mayweather vs. Pacquaio 2009 who's fault it is arguments, and believe me you have tried plenty of time to psyche me, into confessing that Manny Pacquaio, refused to take a f**king test, when the bigger picture is, a significant fight is not made, but this is how a** backwards boxing is today.
        LOL @ thinking Khan can beat Floyd. Khan has no ring IQ.

And Khan doesn't hold a reach advantage over Floyd either.

Comment

mr. dunn, I am a fan of boxing, not just manny pacquaio...I am a straight shooter, who calls it like I see it, regardless of who it is, and who it offends...

you sir, like to put words in folks mouth...no where did you read that I thought Manny Pacquaio, would absolutely beat Floyd Mayweather, (called it a pick'em fight), nor did you hear me say, Paul Williams, would beat Floyd Mayweather, I merely pointed out that since these two fighters never fought, how can you assume that Floyd Mayweather would easily beat him. Only a biased Floyd boy would jump to that conclusion, an unbiased boxing fan who actually watched the two guys fight, wouldn't, because of the style matchup presented, that we rarely get to see Floyd Mayweather Jr. in, for whatever the flavor of the month excuse is...

Mr. Dunn, you can't deny, that there is a style of fighter or style matchup, that Floyd Mayweather Jr., seemed to either avoid, or just never fought much of...and that is exactly why threads like these are often made...long, rangy fighters like paul Williams, amir khan, Vernon forrest, may not be better boxers than Floyd Mayweather, but because of their styles, would present problems and provide answers for questions some of had about Floyd Mayweather, that seemed to be bypassed. A Floyd boy like you, would just say I am hating, but nobody, is above criticism.
          Williams might have been rangy, but he didn't use his range.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            LOL @ thinking Khan can beat Floyd. Khan has no ring IQ.

don't take away the fact that Floyd never fought him.

Comment

don't take away the fact that Floyd never fought him.
              Floyd would beat him.

Comment

dude, what's your name Isaac Clarke, what are you special ed or something...you a clown man get out of here

Out of range though.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post

Out of range though.
                  Let's not forget that Williams was hittable.

Comment

Williams might have been rangy, but he didn't use his range.
                    not in the sense of say a tommy hearns, or forrest, but @ 6'2, and a natural welterweight, not a guy who came up from a lighter weight, he would have been a style matchup by default. plus he jabbed non-stop for 12 rounds, and had decent chin and stamina. I don't think he would have been easily discouraged when countered.

Comment

Floyd would beat him.
                      too bad nobody can confirm that....

Comment

Working...
                      X