No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genrick View Post
    What would you expect from this fight if it gets made?
    Crawford by relatively easy TKO in the middle third of the fight unless a miracle occurs and they fight at 154 or a catch-weight significantly above 147--in which case I would favor Crawford by UD.

I do not disparage Brook's decision to challenge GGG for the middleweight title although had I been in his camp I would have strongly advised against it.

I DO, however, believe Brook's decision to return to welterweight to face Spence after the GGG fight was regrettable; Brook had put on a significant amount of muscle mass to fight GGG and indeed outweighed him during every training camp checkpoint and probably on fight night as well; to make 147 in his very next fight was exceedingly difficult and required him to cannibalize a significant amount of lean body mass; given that even prior to the GGG fight Brook had found making 147 tremendously difficult one can only imagine what Brook went through to make weight for the Spence fight.

Unfortunately, the results were apparent to all; like a number of boxers--Corrales when facing Mayweather, Roy Jones Jr. when facing Tarver (after beating Ruiz), James Toney when facing Jones, Tyson when facing Douglas, Donald Curry when facing Honeyghan--the list could run for pages--Brook was simply not himself on the night, faded badly after a few rounds, and took significant damage in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      How do you know he hasn't discussed the fight with Matchroom/Hearn?
      Because he said he doesn't know what Brook's ask will be but he saw how much Khan got paid and he thinks Brook would want the same or close to it but the budget isn't there because it won't be a PPV fight.

Comment

Brooks only other option is to fight Liam Smith, Bud has no real credible opponents lined up,,,

Anyone but Spence is a spit in the face to fans, I hate how boxing is run, it’s a joke

UFC> alphabet belts anyday

Comment

Can someone in the media please ask Hearn whether Arum
          is doing something to make the Brook vs Crawford fight happen?

We'll soon see who is avoiding this fight.
          Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          How do you know he hasn't discussed the fight with Matchroom/Hearn?
          I don’t know. Kell Brook, having seen how much money we paid Khan to do it on pay-per-view — I don’t want to put Terence on PPV again until he fights Errol Spence,” the Nevada-based promoter*told the Everast “Talkbox” listeners.

“Again, if it’s on pay-per-view, it’s a relatively limited audience. If it’s on ESPN, it gets maybe a couple million people or more watching. I think we owe that to Terence and that’s what we’re gonna do, have him fight in Omaha or Lincoln this fall.”

Brook’s ask, he said, might be too stiff because the budget for the promotion wouldn’t be as large if it wasn’t a PPV event.
          He's assuming. He hasn't asked

Comment

Crawford could win with one hand tied behind his back. Far better fighter who’s levels and levels above Kell Brook, who on top of being levels below is also a washed and will have to kill himself to make weight.

This is a mismatch. I have no interest in seeing it

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Crawford could win with one hand tied behind his back. Far better fighter who’s levels and levels above Kell Brook, who on top of being levels below is also a washed and will have to kill himself to make weight.

This is a mismatch. I have no interest in seeing it
              So you want Crawford to stay on the shelf for about a year.
              If not, who do you want him to fight next to stay busy?

This is assuming Spence will be available for him after the Porter fight,
              which even that is far-fetched.

Comment

Better match-up than the Khan fight. Crawford still beats him though.

Comment

Crawford whoops on Spence best win

That's how I see it

Comment

What would you expect from this fight if it gets made?
                    Crawford should win mos of the rounds or maybe all the rounds. Brook looked awful last fight. Crawford might knock him out.

Comment

So you want Crawford to stay on the shelf for about a year.
                      If not, who do you want him to fight next to stay busy?

This is assuming Spence will be available for him after the Porter fight,
                      which even that is far-fetched.
                      Collazo is ready and available.

Comment

Working...
                      X