What Active Fighters Have Benefited The Most From Weight Cutting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The McDonnell brothers

Comment

Errol Spence and Jarrett Hurd. They are going to force Spence out of welterweight like they did Paul Williams.

Comment

Canelo looks like he is 180 on fight night
        He looked bigger and more muscular than GGG.
        He’s been cherry picking WWs and JMWs
        Last edited by BoxingTech718; 03-17-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          Kell Brook at 147, even though he never got the fights or made the most of it, I think he was incredibly strong at 147 pre-GGG
          LOL yea Brook was definitely cutting a nice amount. But yea idk that he ever really benefited much for his cutting.

This one isn't obvious but Usyk at CW cuts a lot of weight, even though he keeps himself in shape between fights and trains, around 20-25lbs. He doesn't seem the most powerful or explosive but that's because of the movement and style, but you notice it when he does, and he can absorb shots well. I think when he moves up to HW and can fuel himself properly, he will be well into 230's and will probably end up 240's after a few fights and some muscle gain.
          I wouldn't of thought of Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I wouldn't of thought of Usyk.
            Neither did I until I started following him on twitter and watched a few videos of him on a beach holiday after the semi-final of the WBSS, the guy is a serious unit and must have to train like a machine to get down to 200lb's.....

I think he would outweigh every CW on fight night, although not as impressive as a guy like Quigg rehydrating 14+lbs from 122 or 126, I believe he is cutting the most at CW and comes in around 220lbs, maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

"Everyone cuts weight"

NO SH^T

"Why talk about it then"

CUZ I'M F#CKING CURIOUS & CLEARLY THERE ARE GUYS WHO ARE BETTER AT CUTTING/REGAINING THEN OTHERS

"You must be hating on someone cuz they beat your guys"

PLEASE KILL YOURSELF
              if this thread of replies wasn’t so long I’d sig it

Comment

Blame the game not the player.
                However, I really want to know how much does Hurd weights on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by YNG View Post
                  Blame the game not the player.
                  Who's blaming ANYONE? Thats not what the question is about.

Comment

Alvarez seems to be able to cut weight and rehydrate to the point where he seems noticeably bigger than his opponent. That, along with his A side catchweight contracts, gave him an advantage at 147-155.
                    I'd like to see the return of the same day weigh in, which would even the playing field, or at least have a 10 pound rehydration limit.

Comment

Working...
                    X