Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits harder, George Foreman or Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
    Foreman. Ask Moorer...
    I'm pretty sure Wilder KO's him too, probably faster.

That era was of the 6' - 6'3" HW's.

That's now Cruiserweight height.

Top HW's are now like Wilder, Joshua, Fury, Wlad. Bigger, stronger, just as fast, powerful.

Guys like Ortiz and Povetkin would've probably been a lot more competitive in the 90s. They are sort of dwarfed right now. Luis Ortiz at 6'4" with a 84" inch reach is far from small. I'm sure his presence is really that of King Kong in person if an average sized man sees him. But unfortunately against the big HW's from now, Ortiz is on the smaller side. And Ortiz is still bigger than Foreman, Moorer, Tyson, Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Holyfield was barely 208lbs vs Foreman, this is an era where you could be that small or have a glass chin like Moorer/Morrison and become a champion, even cruiser had guys like 5'5 Qawi. That doesn't exist in this era. Wilder has to be sick to even come close to that weight.

Holyfield beefed up later in his career, 215+ was near his best and most durable.

Foreman's defense itself was horrific, that mummy guard won't work in this era because of the sheer amount of punchers you have.

This is Foreman in '88 vs part time Italian journeyman, severely undersized, Guido Trane:

Foreman was getting absolutely pieced up, constantly pushing off the journeyman just to keep him off him. This defense does not work in this era.
      You are changing the topic into Foremans defense and his power against tough PROVEN fighters somehow gets Wilder the upper hand here ? lol

How does Holyfields chin prove Wilder hits harder than Foreman ?

Why are you giving credit to Wilder based on Holyfield ability to take a punch from Foreman ? Shouldnt Foreman get credit for Wilders weaker opposition that stand in front of him ?

How does Ortiz PROVE Wilder hits harder if you yourself are using age and other factors you completely ignored like durability or style of opposition ?

How long would Wilders opponents last if they stood directly in front of Foreman the SAME way ?

Foreman knocked out a great fighter and puncher Mike Moorer .....Wilder knocked out weak puncher less skilled Artur Szpilka .

Foreman fought tougher opposition so again how are you coming to these conclusions ?

You know i have Wilder punch counts too, and i can assure you Foreman ends the SAME fights Wilder fought in with the SAME amount of punches landed sooner more times than not .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-14-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I'm pretty sure Wilder KO's him too, probably faster.

That era was of the 6' - 6'3" HW's.

That's now Cruiserweight height.

Top HW's are now like Wilder, Joshua, Fury, Wlad. Bigger, stronger, just as fast, powerful.

Guys like Ortiz and Povetkin would've probably been a lot more competitive in the 90s. They are sort of dwarfed right now. Luis Ortiz at 6'4" with a 84" inch reach is far from small. I'm sure his presence is really that of King Kong in person if an average sized man sees him. But unfortunately against the big HW's from now, Ortiz is on the smaller side. And Ortiz is still bigger than Foreman, Moorer, Tyson, Holyfield.
        nahhhh, Moorer had 3 fractures from just one punch.

You guys are giving Wilder sooo much respect when there is no one on the HW division like there was in the 70’s.

Wilder is still a joke of a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
          You MFers damn lost your damn minds with this Wilder...

The man officially fought his first live body just a few weeks ago, and Ortiz was 55 years old on fight night...off the juice.
          This made laugh

Comment

The Big Mummy

In terms of sheer raw power Foreman he literally punches a 217lb man of the ground into the air.

Wilder is close in terms of sheer raw power but it looks like Big George has that power that had so many scared he'd kill someone in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              Foreman and Wilder are possibly two of the hardest punching HWs ever. Neither of them were known for having good technique. I feel Wilder has more one-punch knockout power, while Foreman had more of the clubbing type of power.

What do you think?
              It's a great question. I think Forman. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                You are changing the topic into Foremans defense and his power against tough PROVEN fighters somehow gets Wilder the upper hand here ? lol

How does Holyfields chin prove Wilder hits harder than Foreman ?

Why are you giving credit to Wilder based on Holyfield ability to take a punch from Foreman ? Shouldnt Foreman get credit for Wilders weaker opposition that stand in front of him ?

How does Ortiz PROVE Wilder hits harder if you yourself are using age and other factors you completely ignored like durability or style of opposition ?

How long would Wilders opponents last if they stood directly in front of Foreman the SAME way ?

Foreman knocked out a great fighter and puncher Mike Moorer .....Wilder knocked out weak puncher less skilled Artur Szpilka .

Foreman fought tougher opposition so again how are you coming to these conclusions ?

You know i have Wilder punch counts too, and i can assure you Foreman ends the SAME fights Wilder fought in with the SAME amount of punches landed sooner more times than not .
                Why does Holyfield get applauded for getting into a war with a 42 year old man? Why does Foreman not get laughed at for hitting that 208lb man with everything he's got and nothing happens? Why does the HW division not get laughed at for letting a blown up LHW like Moorer become Champion?

Wilder and Foreman fought in entirely different eras, Foreman's opposition fought other opposition from his era. Wilder's opposition fought his opposition. These are 2 different samples.

We know for a fact the average HW is bigger than the past era, we know in boxing that bigger guys are generally more durable, we know that bigger guys generally hit harder.

You talk about Wilder's opposition standing in front of him despite Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson, Lewis, etc. and Foreman himself all being more than hittable. I brought up Foreman's defense because it's probably the worst I've ever seen from a champion. Foreman's defense worked in his era where he could bulldoze through smaller opposition, in this era he'd be fighting someone bigger than him, that could actually hurt him.

There are no 208lb fighters like Holyfield, there are no 5'5 Cruisers like Qawi, there are no LHWs becoming champion like Moorer, there isn't a single fighter that uses Foreman's defense and it all has a reason. That reason is because it's not possible, they died out in this division of super heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Why does Holyfield get applauded for getting into a war with a 42 year old man? Why does Foreman not get laughed at for hitting that 208lb man with everything he's got and nothing happens? Why does the HW division not get laughed at for letting a blown up LHW like Moorer become Champion?

Wilder and Foreman fought in entirely different eras, Foreman's opposition fought other opposition from his era. Wilder's opposition fought his opposition. These are 2 different samples.

We know for a fact the average HW is bigger than the past era, we know in boxing that bigger guys are generally more durable, we know that bigger guys generally hit harder.

You talk about Wilder's opposition standing in front of him despite Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson, Lewis, etc. and Foreman himself all being more than hittable. I brought up Foreman's defense because it's probably the worst I've ever seen from a champion. Foreman's defense worked in his era where he could bulldoze through smaller opposition, in this era he'd be fighting someone bigger than him, that could actually hurt him.

There are no 208lb fighters like Holyfield, there are no 5'5 Cruisers like Qawi, there are no LHWs becoming champion like Moorer, there isn't a single fighter that uses Foreman's defense and it all has a reason. That reason is because it's not possible, they died out in this division of super heavies.
                  Let's be honest here. Would you favor Wilder to beat a guy like Frazier ( who is head and shoulders above Ortiz)

Comment

Foreman used to leave a hole in the heavybag

Wilder couldn't even put a hole in Charlie Z

Comment

What hits harder, a 4,000 pound sports car doing 120 mph or an 8,000 pound truck doing 60 mph? It depends...

Comment

Working...
                      X