Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a bit of a spiritual conflict going on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a bit of a spiritual conflict going on...

so I'll see what you guys think. You're all boxing fans so I know you're all smart....

So here's what's up. Like most people, the first 16 or so years of my life I was raised to believe in God. Then, when I was able to think for myself on these things, I came to the realization that the existense of an invisible man living in the sky who loves me but will send me to suffer eternally if I don't say a few words was just a wee bit ludicrous.

So I became an atheist (or is it an agnostic?) Logic dictates that once we die, that's it. Game over. Blackness. The eternal sleep, the dirt nap, choose your metaphor.

But....

I have a freind who's half Irish and half Scottish, and he's REALLY into the whole ancestry thing. So much so that he's gone so far as to research his family history and found his clan name and it's history and his family "tartan" and had a kilt made and all that stuff..

Well, that made me want to do the same thing, and I found, after some digging, that my ancestors are of Welsh descent. And my ancestry goes WAY back. LIke to the sixth century or possibly earlier.

Since that time...I've been really interested in the ancient Celtic religions, such as druidism, runes, and so on, as these would have been the religious practices of my ancestors.

So now I have this conflict of spirituality. One part of me says there's no such thing as a divine, supreme deity, and yet, I find myself drawn to the very thing that I've professed to be a waste of energy.

Opinions?
Working...
X