No announcement yet.

63% American, PBC Fighters - but American industry enjoyed hating on Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    That's an excuse for not making your two top fighters more money? Do you think that excuse would have jived with Mayweather? Floyd would not have signed with Haymon if he was not given a guaranteed contract with Showtime and allowed to choose his own opponents.
    What are you talking about? PBC is a post a Floyd platform. It would have been nice to have had Floyd done a final fight for PBC, but their relationship has bartered one another for years. Floyd's TMT stable has backing by PBC and Showtime innit? Hence the thread title. Gervonta Davis?

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
      So you Haymon cheerleaders finally admitting he doesn't put his boxers first?

He messed up simple as that, he has failed to develop a star that could have made him millions from ppv and also screwed up boxing in the mean time by ending competitive fights bar the odd one show a year

He is a cancer to boxing as are his fans
      You must be the manila folder archiver for the rogue industry writers innit?

Made "millions" "PPV" star? Do you know who Haymon is? He's no new kid on the black. The Black Hitler articles must have turned you on...

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        What are you talking about? PBC is a post a Floyd platform. It would have been nice to have had Floyd done a final fight for PBC, but their relationship has bartered one another for years. Floyd's TMT stable has backing by PBC and Showtime innit? Hence the thread title. Gervonta Davis?
        Did you just have a stroke while typing your reply, because nothing you wrote makes any sense at all.

Comment

I look at it as this is not the Olympics. Professional Boxing is an individual sport and I don't believe in blind loyalty due to geographical location or ethnic background. I prefer certain styles of fighters and personalities.

Some of my favorite fighters are not even that good, like Broner and Lemieux. I like them just because I do.

I like Loma due to his willingness to fight anyone along with his silky aggressive style. I like Crawford for the same reason.

I dislike Ward and Kovalev. Both of them bother the **** out of me for some reason. It is their personalities more than their styles.

Comment

I don't think Buffer has an agenda. He offered an honest personal opinion based upon his professional observations.

Haymon lost $500M in the last three years, and the two top undefeated WWs just fought one another for a mere $2M each. They SHOULD have been worth much more than that, but their careers were not properly managed or "advised" by Haymon. They didn't get the exposure or develop the fan base they needed in the U.S. to be considered PPV attractions. Whose fault is that?
            It takes a special kind of person to determine that a fight seen by over 5 million fans classifies as 'not enough exposure'.

Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
              It takes a special kind of person to determine that a fight seen by over 5 million fans classifies as 'not enough exposure'.

Good luck with that.
              Who cares how many people watched it? They still aren't getting paid what they should be getting at this stage of their careers. They aren't going to be big PPV draws either. But hey, if you want to be a fan of promoters and mangers rather than fighters have at it.

Comment

Who cares how many people watched it? They still aren't getting paid what they should be getting at this stage of their careers. They aren't going to be big PPV draws either. But hey, if you want to be a fan of promoters and mangers rather than fighters have at it.
                Not sure if serious.

All I've heard for 2 years now is how Haymon was 'ruining' boxing by 'overpaying' fighters. Now you claim his guys are underpaid.

Haters, please pick a lane and stay in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                  Not sure if serious.

All I've heard for 2 years now is how Haymon was 'ruining' boxing by 'overpaying' fighters. Now you claim his guys are underpaid.

Haters, please pick a lane and stay in it.
                  Explain how Haymon lost half a billion dollars in the last three years and why top ranked fighters in his stabile such as Thurman, Garcia, Broner, Wilder, Stevenson, are only earning $2M per fight on average?

Comment

Long live PBC!

Comment

How many of those fighters call themselves American and how many call themselves African-American?

You should be able to figure out why many Americans don't support them.

Comment

Working...
                      X