Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Officially Announces Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Officially Announces Retirement From Boxing

After a long time out of the rings and after giving it a lot of thinking since my last fight I've decided to hang up the gloves for good. Probably my decision would not surprise much as I had given hints of it in the last few months. But at this time I am making it official.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm happy for him. Glad he went out like this rather than fighting without the motivation. My favorite fighter of my generation. Wish you the best Chino!
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-09-2016, 03:57 PM.

Damn. I thought he had a decent shot at a cruiserweight belt.

But seriously, he made for great fights. I had him fighting Floyd to a draw. He was a total nightmare for guys who wanted to box their way through 12, even if he didn't win the fights. A proper fans' fighter.

Comment

Maidana makes retirement official.

https://www.facebook.com/chinomaidan...953679574802:0

Comment

Originally posted by barf View Post
        I'm happy for him. Glad he went out like this rather than fighting without the motivation. My favorite fighter of my generation. Wish you the best Chino!
        A Haymon fighter.

I bet he has one helluva nest egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
          Damn. I thought he had a decent shot at a cruiserweight belt.

But seriously, he made for great fights. I had him fighting Floyd to a draw. He was a total nightmare for guys who wanted to box their way through 12, even if he didn't win the fights. A proper fans' fighter.
          One of the few modern fighters that used the right hook.

Those Argentines are some deadly mid-range punchers...they throw from angles you don't know exist.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Officially Announces Retirement From Boxing

After a long time out of the rings and after giving it a lot of thinking since my last fight I've decided to hang up the gloves for good. Probably my decision would not surprise much as I had given hints of it in the last few months. But at this time I am making it official.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

He just said he wasn't retiring...like yesterday didn't he?

Comment

He was an OK fighter nothing special. A faded Morales should have gotten the decision and Khan beat him....I'm glad he made his money but he has become some sort of legend or something when in reality he was just better than average.

Comment

Good for him. He doesnt need anymore wear and tear. Would have loved to see him beat danny though

Comment

Thanks for all the Fun fights Chino . Anyone got a good Maidana highlight to post .

Comment

Working...
                    X