No announcement yet.

**** my younger brother is asking for money AGAIN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    I want to be firm with just $700/month and no extra for bday, etc... But the way my bro keep saying "please for your nephews" even after I said no, I just can't resist especially knowing I do have extra money.
    How about them boxes Filipinos send back stuffed with Nikes and corned beef?

Comment

But my younger brother with 3 kids, all in private school
      How much is their total tuition?

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        I do that. I have a box and put old stuff or stuff I got on sale. Every time the box is full I have it sent to the Philippines. It takes about 6 months though before its full.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
          How much is their total tuition?
          tuition is around US$1000 per school year/child so total is $3000/yr for 3 kids...

my bro salary is just around $600 per month.. he has to pay all the bills, kids meal and transpo allowance, et... so yeah his salary is definitely not enough..

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

Swap meet and dollar store time

Comment

I had to bail my lil bro out just once, he needed £1100 cos he'd spent all his student loans, asked the mother, asked the father, got through their money then a wall of bills hit him and he hadn't a penny, he needed more than half of it for the bills at the end of the year.
              So I didn't mind that part, the rest was 'living costs' cause he literally hadn't a penny. But was blatantly to get fuked up on during his last 3 weeks. (I did university and know the deal, he'll of drank the rest of the cash away, maybe some muccy donalds too).

He said he'd pay me back, it's been nigh on 4 years since and I've seen £600 back. I'm not bothered really since it'll of been 4 years in a few months time, so it's not affecting me now, plus cause he knows he still owes 500 it's a deterrent to him asking to borrow any more again so it's all good really. Don't mind not a jot.

I'm moving right now (or in the transition of) so I wouldn't be able to lend a family member a single penny, utterly skint. Moving is fukin stressful/expensive!!!

Comment

Anyone else here support their parents and/or extended family?
                Me, and it sucks. You gotta get them to cut their expenses and focus on your life.

I wasted big money fixing family issues. Give more advice, but less money.

Comment

can u buy me an S550 plz?

Comment

well it's a typical Pinoy family, having a relative working overseas is considered a golden goose

if i were you, help your brother find a job overseas if you can. he can't be that thick to throw his own responsibilities to you. Just like the saying: Give man a fish & you feed him for the day, teach him how to fish then you feed him for a lifetime

Comment

for a guy who is supposedly earning 6 digits, you sure is a whiny one..

that money is peanuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X