Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs' Trainer Says They'll Be Ready For Golovkin in Due Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Forget that yesterday stuff, Canelo dropped the belt.

Like I mentioned to you on the other thread.....

..... now Team Bull**** cannot force a purse-bid, and get their fighter an undeserved 45%..... now Golovkin has to negotiate/fight for what he is worth

Also, Canelo just burnt Golovkin's " mando doe " excuse when it comes to the weight..... now Golovkin will have to back up all that smack talk about 154..... because now he has no excuse whatsoever to refuse to negotiate with Canelo regarding the weight, like he was willing to do with Mayweather, Cotto, and Brook.

I can't see a reason why this fight won't happen.
    Agree 100000%. All real boxing fans know that at this level, they're not fighting for titles anymore. This is now prize fighting. the WBC, or any other belt, means nothing without the payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The last we saw of Danny Jacobs in the ring, he was stopping unbeaten Peter Quillin in less than one round on December 5th at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Where da hell did he ever mention "due time" in the article? Fake azz headline!

Comment

• I think the Jacob's one is a difficult one to make anyway with the whole tv station/promoters thing..as ever.

BJS is the one i'd still want to see the most at 160. I know he's made comments in the past about not fighting GGG, but i think he would if he was paid well (as in very well).
        That's where i'd like to see Golovkin's team focus.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          I want you to go on the record saying that had you been GGGs manager, you would have accepted Wards offer to lose the WBC interim title, the IBF title, and give Ward a 50-50 split for a fight at 168 which Ward hadnt made in almost 3 years.

Please say you would have accepted that deal, so your unbelievable ignorance will be forever preserved.

Loeffler plans Golovkin's schedule 1, 2, sometime 3 fights ahead.

As does any promoter worth their weight.

You know this LMAO

Assuming that a setup fight, buildup fight, or tuneup fight.... could possibly cause any problems, is absurd and naive, because that has happened previously on many occasions.

Again, you know this LOL

HBO/Main Events accepted a worse deal for Kovalev, because they think that Kovalev can beat Ward..... K2 did not have the same faith in Golovkin.

So what I am saying is this..... I would have advised Golovkin to duck Ward like the plague, because he is a too big for Gennady considering his style/skill-set. And that is exactly what they did.

And I do not have a problem with that at all.

I have a problem with their lies, and with their fanboy's ignorance.

But if your ass-about-face question is..... could they have negotiated in good faith with Ward and EASILY slotted him in, on Golovkin's SPARSE dance-card?..... then the answer is YES, obviously !

Comment

• Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
            The WBO would never make him a mandatory so how can he unify? Also Canelo is Ring and Lineal. You Golovkin cowards don't want him to beat threats.
            Some of you people must have a really short memory and I thought I was forgetful. Just to review, Canelo holds nothing. He vacated his one fake middleweight title. The ring is a goldenboy propaganda rag which is totally meaningless and once you voluntarily give up your title, which you had no intention of defending at the set weight of the division the title represents in the first place, you are just another contender who will ride the hype train as long as it doesn't end up on the wrong side of the tracks where there is no protection from getting railroaded by the GGG express running at full steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              Agree 100000%. All real boxing fans know that at this level, they're not fighting for titles anymore. This is now prize fighting. the WBC, or any other belt, means nothing without the payday.
              This is a pretty stupid comment really. Boxing has always been prize fighting and has always been big business, regardless of where the money goes.
              I would agree that titles don't mean half as much as they used to and there are just too many belts and governing bodies but even in today's boxing world, if you hold a title, you are generally more likely to receive a higher payday than someone who doesn't hold a title. Why do you think there are so many titles nowadays? Because the greasy boxing commissions and other corrupt en****** in boxing, including the promoters, managers and advisers, know that the average, casual boxing fan will see a world title holder and regardless of who he beat for the title or how accomplished the boxer is throughout his career, such fans will automatically assume he is the "Champ" and will pay money to see this world title holding "Champ" in the ring.
              The sheer volume of governing bodies, ranking systems and world titles exists to create confusion and deceive the casual fans into thinking as long as a boxer has a "World" title, they are the champion of the world and best in their weight class, when in fact, this is rarely the case.
              It works part and parcel with the Al Haymon philosophy of low risk, high reward and getting a "World" title by typically illegitimate means and milking it for all it's worth although it is definitely nowhere near exclusive to Al Haymon fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                This is a pretty stupid comment really. Boxing has always been prize fighting and has always been big business, regardless of where the money goes.
                I would agree that titles don't mean half as much as they used to and there are just too many belts and governing bodies but even in today's boxing world, if you hold a title, you are generally more likely to receive a higher payday than someone who doesn't hold a title. Why do you think there are so many titles nowadays? Because the greasy boxing commissions and other corrupt en****** in boxing, including the promoters, managers and advisers, know that the average, casual boxing fan will see a world title holder and regardless of who he beat for the title or how accomplished the boxer is throughout his career, such fans will automatically assume he is the "Champ" and will pay money to see this world title holding "Champ" in the ring.
                The sheer volume of governing bodies, ranking systems and world titles exists to create confusion and deceive the casual fans into thinking as long as a boxer has a "World" title, they are the champion of the world and best in their weight class, when in fact, this is rarely the case.
                It works part and parcel with the Al Haymon philosophy of low risk, high reward and getting a "World" title by typically illegitimate means and milking it for all it's worth although it is definitely nowhere near exclusive to Al Haymon fighters.

I mostly agree with this good post, but.....

..... Charlo did not call out any of the other "champs" last weekend, he called out Canelo..... and I know why

Be very surprised if Golovkin is not interested in that HUGE payday.

Comment

Working...
                X