Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just submitted my masters' dissertation; NSB, you rock!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just submitted my masters' dissertation; NSB, you rock!

Yesterday I submitted my boxing-themed master's dissertation, 15,000 words that I owe partly to this amazing community. I owe Jack Dempsey part of the title too:

"'I was a pretty good fighter. But it was the writers that made me great': Body and Mind in Boxing and Modernism"

This crazy, wonderful sport has become a huge part of my life over the past several years, so to be able to do something like this is really rewarding,and Boxingscene is one of the things that has made boxing so damn good.

So thank you. All of you. Go on being dysfunctional as ****. You make the stuff outside the ring almost as good as the stuff inside it.

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
    Yesterday I submitted my boxing-themed master's dissertation, 15,000 words that I owe partly to this amazing community. I owe Jack Dempsey part of the title too:

"'I was a pretty good fighter. But it was the writers that made me great': Body and Mind in Boxing and Modernism"

This crazy, wonderful sport has become a huge part of my life over the past several years, so to be able to do something like this is really rewarding,and Boxingscene is one of the things that has made boxing so damn good.

So thank you. All of you. Go on being dysfunctional as ****. You make the stuff outside the ring almost as good as the stuff inside it.

Haha, that's awesome bro! At the end of the day, like I said before, this sport is about much more than what goes on inside the squared circle. The high drama emotions, the fan rivalries.... it is an intense community of fans. That is something some people do not get.

It is a combat sport so it will get wild amongst fighters and fans. I am a psycho... I fell in love for the sport not for the sweet science but for the violence/ agression. Everybody has a different reason of why they became boxing fans.

The diversity of personalities and backgrounds make it an amazing community to be a part of.

Comment

Congrats mate.

Well done.

Comment

Congrats. good luck in the future.

Comment

that's really great! I wish you nothing but the best!

Comment

Excellent! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post

Good to hear you finished it and that you feel good about it, this sport we all love is beautiful, through both its ups and downs.

Comment

Congrats! Good luck

Comment

Well done la. Any chance we get to read it?

Comment

Congrats! Now go write the third testament: the prodigal son margodrito and his ascension to deity status in the boxing universe. Minimum of 40,000 words.

Comment

Working...
                    X