Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi Hasn't Lost Since 2010 Should Mayweather Consider Him After Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly if you think paulie beat broner, stop scoring fights

Also paulie should have lost to cano

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
      Malignaggi beat Broner, there's a reason that fight was a split decision - one judge had Paulie winning 115-113, another judge had Broner winning 115-113, while the third judge should be banned from judging a boxing match.
      On top of that - Malignaggi was the belt-holder and there is no way that Broner did enough to take the belt from the champion in that fight.
      You should be banned from watching fights if you think Paulie won. He had his moments but no way in hell did he perform like he did vs Judah against Broner. The judge that should be banned is the one that gave paulie the fight 115-113. There was no way he won more than 4-5 rounds and that's being generous.

Comment

Malignaggi beat Broner, there's a reason that fight was a split decision - one judge had Paulie winning 115-113, another judge had Broner winning 115-113, while the third judge should be banned from judging a boxing match.

On top of that - Malignaggi was the belt-holder and there is no way that Broner did enough to take the belt from the champion in that fight.
        The reason the fight was a split decision is because, like you, one of the judges doesn't know the difference between "better than expected effort" and "winning effort". If you really think Paulie won that fight, then you must value punch output over EVERYTHING else.

Btw that "you have to really beat a champion to take his title" thing is a stupid cliché. I score fights as I see them, regardless of who entered the ring with jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
          The reason the fight was a split decision is because, like you, one of the judges doesn't know the difference between "better than expected effort" and "winning effort". If you really think Paulie won that fight, then you must value punch output over EVERYTHING else.

Btw that "you have to really beat a champion to take his title" thing is a stupid cliché. I score fights as I see them, regardless of who entered the ring with jewelry.
          If you score fights as you see them, it's surprising you have Broner winning the fight without some sort of bias affecting your judgment. Maybe try scoring it again.

Punch output is a core attribute of certain boxer's styles - Malignaggi being one of them, Calzaghe was another, at one point Paul Williams. It can offset another boxer's offense and that's exactly what happened to Broner. He just didn't do enough work in enough rounds to win the fight because, like Judah, he was confused by Paulies output and movement. Paulie essentially outworked him and out-hustled him. Seriously, score that fight again, there's no way Broner beat Paulie. That fight wasn't too far different from Paulie vs Judah. Broner did better than Judah, but not that much better.

Comment

If you score fights as you see them, it's surprising you have Broner winning the fight without some sort of bias affecting your judgment. Maybe try scoring it again.

Punch output is a core attribute of certain boxer's styles - Malignaggi being one of them, Calzaghe was another, at one point Paul Williams. It can offset another boxer's offense and that's exactly what happened to Broner. He just didn't do enough work in enough rounds to win the fight because, like Judah, he was confused by Paulies output and movement. Paulie essentially outworked him and out-hustled him. Seriously, score that fight again, there's no way Broner beat Paulie. That fight wasn't too far different from Paulie vs Judah. Broner did better than Judah, but not that much better.
            Nah buddy, Broner was walking through the inaccurate pitter-patter shi.t Paulie was trowing, and landing all the meaningful punches of the fight. Seriously, how many clean power shot did Paulie land to the head? 5 or so maybe?

And name dropping doesn't strengthen your argument. I like Paulie, but he is a class or three below Calzaghe.
            Last edited by Black Barty; 12-09-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

'malignaggi hasn't lost since 2010???'

Comment

You dont know how to score fights if you picked paulie over broner. Please stop scoring fights

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                  Nah buddy, Broner was walking through the inaccurate pitter-patter shi.t Paulie was trowing, and landing all the meaningful punches of the fight. Seriously, how many clean power shot did Paulie land to the head? 5 or so maybe?

And name dropping doesn't strengthen your argument. I like Paulie, but he is a class or three below Calzaghe.
                  Was he heck, he spent half the fight shelled up. Real key is some people were only scoring headshots, Broner keeps his head well protected but he shipped a lot clean to the body, they're scoring shots and PM was landing them consistently.

I scored the fight a draw, Broner was fortunate to walk away with the title that night in the opponent's, and champ's backyard, just as he was fortunate to get the nod over De Leon and Quintana. He couldn't just take the win and shut his mouth though, he had to take a shot in the post-fight interview after Paulie applauded him.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 12-09-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X