No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Andre Ward Tires Late, I Can Potentially Stop Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
    He dictates the terms because he's the bigger draw. Sad but true. Ward will not find a bigger fight anywhere else.
    In the UK yes that's why he wants to fight there; nobody cares about Froch in America say ala Manny Pacquoia. If your the big draw your a big draw everywhere not just in your own country.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      He got handliy beat outpointed is saying it a 105-103 type decision Froch was never in the fight and they way you want him to the 2nd time is a way for him to be further outclassed. Froch admitted he couldn't beat Ward his only hope is for a funny decision. Nothing that involves boxing Frocg does better than Ward they are classes apart and Ward doesn't owe him anything by fighting in the UK thats bonkers.
      Apart from the bit about admitting he couldn't win, I don't disagree with any of that. I'm not calling for a rematch, I'd prefer Froch fought someone like Stieglitz or Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        yes they did they beat the guy's ahead of them and earned there way back. they may not be as good as kessler or bute but thats because 168 is deep and hwt is trash.

semantics. there is more than one way to catch an ass whoopin.
        Well who did Tony Thompson beat? Its not like he beat Haye and Povetkin or something. Bute/Kessler was top 4/5 SMWs. There is a difference.

No its just simply stupid to call something an ass whooping when it wasn't. You can just lose a fight convincingly over 12 rounds without getting your ass whooped. Froch didn't look like he was getting his ass whooped when he was going after a tiring Ward in the last few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          In the UK yes that's why he wants to fight there; nobody cares about Froch in America say ala Manny Pacquoia. If your the big draw your a big draw everywhere not just in your own country.
          Nobody cares about Ward in America either. That's kinda the point. Ward doesn't have a bigger fight out there except Froch in the UK.

Comment

If Ward will make more money fighting him in the UK then hey go make the money; but Froch doesn't have that ultimatum type of drawing power to say for here or no fight like he's Floyd or Manny

Comment

Well who did Tony Thompson beat? Its not like he beat Haye and Povetkin or something. Bute/Kessler was top 4/5 SMWs. There is a difference.

No its just simply stupid to call something an ass whooping when it wasn't. You can just lose a fight convincingly over 12 rounds without getting your ass whooped. Froch didn't look like he was getting his ass whooped when he was going after a tiring Ward in the last few rounds.
              Haye was at crusier for a time and povetkin wasn't near the top. I agree that the quality is different.

froch won the 11th round agreed. but that doesn't change the rest of the fight. its clear we are going to disagree.

Comment

Nobody cares about Ward in America either. That's kinda the point. Ward doesn't have a bigger fight out there except Froch in the UK.
                chavez jr is far bigger but he likely wont take the fight.

Comment

He has no bankable opponents to fight is his problem

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    chavez jr is far bigger but he likely wont take the fight.
                    You just made my point. Hopkins would also be a big fight for Ward but he's already said he'll never fight him.

It's Froch or take a lesser money fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
                      You just made my point. Hopkins would also be a big fight for Ward but he's already said he'll never fight him.

It's Froch or take a lesser money fight.
                      My point is id rather see a fight I havent then to see ward froch again because IMO it wasn't a close fight.

Its fair to say froch earned another shot. agree with that. but with steiglitz,bute or stevenson its something I havent seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X