No announcement yet.

"My opinion on (insert recently relevant fight or fighter here)"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I "look like I raided the thesaurus" why? Because I have a solid grasping of the English language?

Sorry, I forgot which audience I was speaking to here. Please, allow me to rephrase :

Yo, homiez, dis **** in NSB is ****in' cray all 'da time 'wit 'da "my fouts on 'dis" freads, youknowwhatimsayin'? Y'all need to cut 'dat **** out 'cause it's redundant n' ****, 'ya heard?

Comment

I "look like I raided the thesaurus" why? Because I have a solid grasping of the English language?

Sorry, I forgot which audience I was speaking to here. Please, allow me to rephrase :

Yo, homiez, dis **** in NSB is ****in' cray all 'da time 'wit 'da "my fouts on 'dis" freads, youknowwhatimsayin'? Y'all need to cut 'dat **** out 'cause it's redundant n' ****, 'ya heard?
      I was merely pointing to the fact that as you have an understanding of the English language to an advanced level, why can't you make the realization that this is a public forum. If you don't like listening/reading the opinions of the general public, I suggest you steer clear of online forums. If you are looking for an exclusive high society, then piss off somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
        I was merely pointing to the fact that as you have an understanding of the English language to an advanced level, why can't you make the realization that this is a public forum. If you don't like listening/reading the opinions of the general public, I suggest you steer clear of online forums. If you are looking for an exclusive high society, then piss off somewhere else.
        Odd how you percieve my longing for some intellectual boxing conversation to be seeking of a "exclusive high society". Odder still is the fact that you deem my English to be of an "advanced level", as it's clearly nothing more potent than that of an average high school student's.

Those two admissions alone are evidence of what I'm speaking on here.

More to the point , I'm not even seeking what a much more intellectual human being would consider "intellectual conversation" here - All I'm asking for is a little difference of opinion backed by an understanding of the English language comparable to that of your average high school student, wherein the participants don't insult anybody who doesn't support "their" guy.

Jesus Christ, it's playground mentality.

Comment

yea, the level of attention whoring is at an all time high level in NSB

i truly believe that there should be a 500 post minimum before allowed to start threads

like the dumbasses with 10 posts making threads...99.9999% of the time, the thread has zero substance

Comment

Is it bad that I read this part in Roger Mayweathers voice?

I agree with TS.

Comment

Odd how you percieve my longing for some intellectual boxing conversation to be seeking of a "exclusive high society". Odder still is the fact that you deem my English to be of an "advanced level", as it's clearly nothing more potent than that of an average high school student's.

Those two admissions alone are evidence of what I'm speaking on here.

More to the point , I'm not even seeking what a much more intellectual human being would consider "intellectual conversation" here - All I'm asking for is a little difference of opinion backed by an understanding of the English language comparable to that of your average high school student, wherein the participants don't insult anybody who doesn't support "their" guy.

Jesus Christ, it's playground mentality.
              Okay, I don't know what high school you attended because a lot of people would be baffled by your use of language.
              But again, you can't disapprove of people giving their opinions on Boxing in a Boxing forum. It's just ludicrous. Not everybody here is an expert nor does everybody communicate on the same wavelength as yourself, but everyone is entitled to their opinions and a Boxing forum is the perfect place for them to express any thoughts they have. A skill of life is learning to adapt to all types of societies. So I suggest you stop moaning and learn to appreciate all opinions, not just those of middle class Boxing experts.

Comment

what is all this talk about speaking English?! We speak american, foo, not Britainese!

Comment

I made another thread about this.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...3#post12472403

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                    Okay, I don't know what high school you attended because a lot of people would be baffled by your use of language.
                    But again, you can't disapprove of people giving their opinions on Boxing in a Boxing forum. It's just ludicrous. Not everybody here is an expert nor does everybody communicate on the same wavelength as yourself, but everyone is entitled to their opinions and a Boxing forum is the perfect place for them to express any thoughts they have. A skill of life is learning to adapt to all types of societies. So I suggest you stop moaning and learn to appreciate all opinions, not just those of middle class Boxing experts.
                    You misunderstand me. I'm not disapproving of fans sharing their opinions on matters that pertain to the sport, I'm disapproving of the shameless attention whoring that is the motivating factor behind such thread creations.

I'm not saying they're not entitled to their opinions, I'm saying that unless their opinions differ demonstrably from the opinions already being discussed in other active threads, there's really no need to create an entirely new thread to discuss it.

Just post in an existing one.

Christ, think back to last November. How many "my thoughts on the decision" threads were there about Pacquiao/Marquez III? Slow motion rounds? No commentary? Remember all of that?

That **** could've been contained to like 3 threads if the users here weren't such self-aggrandizing dolts who felt that thread creation was the only way to achieve an audience.

Comment

Hood talk FAILURE. No way are you going to have younknowwhatimsayin and redundant in the same paragrah.

Comment

Working...
                      X