No announcement yet.

I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    Dad was stupid for not keeping it safely hidden, and locked away from his kid. . . That is irresponsible on his part. .

You hear these isolated incidents on the news, and everybody says "BAN GUNS"!!

And yes, incidents like Zimmerman, and incidents of kids finding their parents guns and killing another kid or themselves are not "everyday occurrences"
    I still think of my good friend in elementary who was shot and killed on accident by another friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
      Only licensed and trained people should be able to get access to guns.
      Not some random guy walking into a gun store.
      A lack off police record and no stay at a mental hospital shouldn't be enough for a person to be able to get a gun.
      Some states don't even have that.
      No background check......

very reasonable! :smh:

Actually, there are a lot of restrictions on guns, but people simply break the laws by choosing to ignore them (mostly at local gun shows). . .

If you go to a hunting supply store, they will run a background check on the spot (to get a hunting rifle, shotgun). . .

If you go to a reputable store that sells handguns, there is a waiting period where they run background checks. . .

I AGREE 100%. . People should be required to take a 90 day class or something, and then pass tests, etc. beore they can get a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K12 View Post
        I still think of my good friend in elementary who was shot and killed on accident by another friend.

Yeah, it's tragic. . . It's the parents fault for leaving the gun in a shoe box in a closet. . . If that parent would have kept it in a hidden safe, locked away, there's no way it would have happened.

Comment

Only way for slave owners to protect themselves from getting their heads knocked off.

Comment

Dad was stupid for not keeping it safely hidden, and locked away from his kid. . . That is irresponsible on his part. .

You hear these isolated incidents on the news, and everybody says "BAN GUNS"!!

And yes, incidents like Zimmerman, and incidents of kids finding their parents guns and killing another kid or themselves are not "everyday occurrences"
            there are 100's of incidence per year with people getting killed by accident due to guns.
            Whether it is kids that point a loaded gun at a friend or someone accidentally blowing their brains out.

Jsut because something doesn't reach the news doesn't mean it's not happening.
            That is very flawed thinking my friend

Comment

Yeah, it's tragic. . . It's the parents fault for leaving the gun in a shoe box in a closet. . . If that parent would have kept it in a hidden safe, locked away, there's no way it would have happened.
              I went to school in the ghetto area. You had to have that gun ready. No safe is going to do that that quickly. Haha

Comment

Actually, there are a lot of restrictions on guns, but people simply break the laws by choosing to ignore them (mostly at local gun shows). . .

If you go to a hunting supply store, they will run a background check on the spot (to get a hunting rifle, shotgun). . .

If you go to a reputable store that sells handguns, there is a waiting period where they run background checks. . .

I AGREE 100%. . People should be required to take a 90 day class or something, and then pass tests, etc. beore they can get a gun.
                Again, Read what I said.
                Some states have no background checks.
                Also background checks are jokes.
                The only thing they look for is if you have a history of mental health problems and a police record.
                Just because you ahve no dirt on you doesn't mean you should be able to ahve a gun.
                Even people with a police record could send a cousin or a friend to buy the gun and just file the register number off the gun.

Lack of police record don't mean you should be trusted with a gun.
                Many wife killers have a clean police record and that didn't keep them from killing their wives right?
                Last edited by Mohammedini; 03-23-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Studies have also shown that studies and statistics can be construed however you like. . .

There should be stricter regulations, no doubt. . . But you can't just ban them outright.
                  There's no point in banning them. So many Americans now have guns. What are they gonna do? Search each house 1 by 1 for guns?

This country is screwed regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Because we are smart.

When the zombie apocalypse happens, US citizens will last the longest. Compared to the rest of the world that disallows citizens to own guns.

Good luck fighting a horde of zombies with a kitchen knife. Remember, you don't have to always get bitten. Just bodily fluid transfer.

None of us would last if those zombies are like the ones on 28 days and 28 weeks later. Those ****ers would move too damn fast, and none of us would stand a chance.
                    Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-23-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                      there are 100's of incidence per year with people getting killed by accident due to guns.
                      Whether it is kids that point a loaded gun at a friend or someone accidentally blowing their brains out.

Jsut because something doesn't reach the news doesn't mean it's not happening.
                      That is very flawed thinking my friend

No, it's very flawed thinking to believe that making guns illegal would prevent these accidents. . . People would still own guns. . ANd there'd still be accidents.

THere's accidents driving everyday. . . Accidents with ALL KINDS of things that cause deaths. . Doesn't mean we should make them illegal.

Comment

Working...
                      X