Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Cotto dominates Foreman at 154? Do you think Arum makes Pac vs Cotto II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Cotto dominates Foreman at 154? Do you think Arum makes Pac vs Cotto II

Just a hypothetical question here. I know Arum wants to get Manny a title at 154 so he can be the only boxer in the history with titles in 8 different weight classes (to enhance Manny's legacy). Do you see Arum trying to pull something like this off? IMO Cotto would be the perfect guy to do it against, and they could even play the whole "Cotto only lost because he was weight drained" angle. Also he will have a new trainer, so by him looking sensational, all the pieces are in place for Manny to win a title at 154 this fall (in case FMJ vs PAC doesn't get made.

Also Im willing to bet that if Foreman wins, then for sure Arum will set up Pac vs Foreman.

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    Just a hypothetical question here. I know Arum wants to get Manny a title at 154 so he can be the only boxer in the history with titles in 8 different weight classes (to enhance Manny's legacy). Do you see Arum trying to pull something like this off? IMO Cotto would be the perfect guy to do it against, and they could even play the whole "Cotto only lost because he was weight drained" angle. Also he will have a new trainer, so by him looking sensational, all the pieces are in place for Manny to win a title at 154 this fall (in case FMJ vs PAC doesn't get made.

Also Im willing to bet that if Foreman wins, then for sure Arum will set up Pac vs Foreman.
    Cotto is shot. Who cares if he were to magically beat Foreman? Arum will do whatever he decides, but that doesn't make it a good fight. Pacquiao should just man up and take the damn blood tests.

Comment

No, he will match him wwith Pavlik!!!

Comment

only if pac loses to clottey would this be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          No, he will match him wwith Pavlik!!!
          Match who with pavlik? I seriously doubt you are being serious here with this reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            only if pac loses to clottey would this be possible
            Why? I'm just saying that Arum whats pac to get a title at 154 and this would be a golden opportunity. In reality I think Pac will fight either Angulo or Foreman (if he beats Cotto) for 154 title.

Comment

Match who with pavlik? I seriously doubt you are being serious here with this reply.
              Why, not? I mean he beats Yuri. Then They can promote the fight as Cotto trying to be the first puertorrican to win titles in 4 divisions. Win or lose he will retire anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by javelin_fangs View Post
                Cotto is shot. Who cares if he were to magically beat Foreman? Arum will do whatever he decides, but that doesn't make it a good fight. Pacquiao should just man up and take the damn blood tests.
                What if Cotto dominates Foreman and then dominates the winner of Spinks-K9? He would unify two titles at 154 in dominant fashion...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  What if Cotto dominates Foreman and then dominates the winner of Spinks-K9? He would unify two titles at 154 in dominant fashion...
                  that is a little more realistic cotto would have to impress in more then one fight and make people forget about the last fight with pac in order to draw the casual fans interest in a rematch

Comment

Cotto is done.

He already BRUTALLY KO'd him. Cotto beating other fighters doesnt change the fact that Pac already destroyed him.

What a joke.

Now thats cherry picking a title.

Comment

Working...
                    X