No announcement yet.

Roach did leave camp after conversation with Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach did leave camp after conversation with Pac

Good news is that Pac followed at midnight. hahaha. Kudos to Freddie for not holding back on his fighter. Plus he is still not happy with the mental state of pac but the physical preparations is ok.

----------------------
    From Steve Kim from max______.com

Roach, as promised, packed his bags and headed out.

" I had to," he explained," it was for the safety of a lot of people that we’re responsible for, with HBO, my sparring partners and so forth, with another typhoon coming. I’m usually the type of person that says,’ Aw, don’t worry about it, it wont hit us.’ But y’know what? You never know. It was just about the safety of everybody. It was the best decision I made to get everybody out of there because the storm did hit and they did close the roads, again. We would’ve been stuck there."

As for Manny?

" Well, he went back and finished his little movie shoot he was doing that day and I made my reservations to go. At 12 o’clock that night I got a call from Manny, he says,’ I’m going now.’ I said,’ Well, it’s night and it’s pouring, right now. Don’t go it’s too dangerous.’ He says,’ No, I’m going.’ I said,’ Well, OK.’ I guess he was thinking about my request."

" Physically, yes. Mentally? No," admitted the trainer, who believes his boxer still has understand just how difficult Cotto might be on the night of November 14Th." But I have three weeks to get his head on straight here. Because again, Manila, really hurt us a little bit because the distractions and all these people pulling him in every direction. In-shape wise, he’s about 95-percent there, right now.

" Its just getting his focus a little bit sharper."

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
    Good news is that Pac followed at midnight. hahaha. Kudos to Freddie for not holding back on his fighter. Plus he is still not happy with the mental state of pac but the physical preparations is ok.

----------------------
    From Steve Kim from max______.com

Roach, as promised, packed his bags and headed out.

" I had to," he explained," it was for the safety of a lot of people that we’re responsible for, with HBO, my sparring partners and so forth, with another typhoon coming. I’m usually the type of person that says,’ Aw, don’t worry about it, it wont hit us.’ But y’know what? You never know. It was just about the safety of everybody. It was the best decision I made to get everybody out of there because the storm did hit and they did close the roads, again. We would’ve been stuck there."

As for Manny?

" Well, he went back and finished his little movie shoot he was doing that day and I made my reservations to go. At 12 o’clock that night I got a call from Manny, he says,’ I’m going now.’ I said,’ Well, it’s night and it’s pouring, right now. Don’t go it’s too dangerous.’ He says,’ No, I’m going.’ I said,’ Well, OK.’ I guess he was thinking about my request."

" Physically, yes. Mentally? No," admitted the trainer, who believes his boxer still has understand just how difficult Cotto might be on the night of November 14Th." But I have three weeks to get his head on straight here. Because again, Manila, really hurt us a little bit because the distractions and all these people pulling him in every direction. In-shape wise, he’s about 95-percent there, right now.

" Its just getting his focus a little bit sharper."
    http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-l...k-at-wild-card

adding link

Comment

Hmmm I hope manny isnt getting cocky

Comment

Originally posted by andalusian81 View Post
        Hmmm I hope manny isnt getting cocky
        He is always cocky I think regardless of the public perception. Great fighter often have huge egos but pac always seems to cork it down to a minimum. Hoping he regains focus before the fight.

Comment

You guys need to check these signals.Roach has never doubted his fighters before,I think he's a genuine guy.This does not look too good for Manny because Roach doesnt believe fully Pacquiao will win this fight.I'm gonna put money on Cotto,these are the signals we normally watch out on the market.I dont think Roach is trying to decieve anyone,there is more where this came from

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
            He is always cocky I think regardless of the public perception. Great fighter often have huge egos but pac always seems to cork it down to a minimum. Hoping he regains focus before the fight.
            Yeah I cant even imagine how Those world champions remain humble.

Comment

that interview is scary. If Pac is really mentally not ready for Cotto he will get raped. This is not good for Pac.

Comment

damn not good news for pac.. he better start taking **** serious because of course we all know that cotto isnt no pushover... he dont get serious then he in for a very long night come november 14th

Comment

hold on..manny had to finish a movie shoot???are you serious???

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                    hold on..manny had to finish a movie shoot???are you serious???
                    uhum and thats just 1 slice of the pie;

back in the ph, he has a lot of other distractions.

hopefully hell tune up before fight night as he has always done before.

except for the morales 1 fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X