No announcement yet.

Were Jermaine Taylor and Ricky Hatton overated before there loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were Jermaine Taylor and Ricky Hatton overated before there loses

I'm not starting ****, but I want to get everyone elses thoughts. They have some great names on there resume. They also have some devastating loses to.

its "their" not "there"

Comment

hatton was...taylor was getting there...

Comment

I honestly don't think so, people like to **** on Hatton but the guy was pretty good, he went out well vs Mayweather and was a very good fighter. The Pac/Floyd sr stuff was pretty bad, but Hatton up to Mayweather was a bit of a beast, who came up short vs 2 possible Atg.

Taylor is a good boxer, imo he was not over rated look at the names on his resume, he should have beaten Pavlik both times.

Both don't really live right for boxers though and i reckon that hasn't helped them either, specially in Taylor's case.

Comment

hatton had a bit more hype around him and it was obvious to alot of people that a slick, smart and well conditioned boxer like mayweather would beat him. hatton did have a fan friendly style, natural charisma and his down to earth approach charmed alot of audiences so its easy to see why there was a bit of hype.

as for taylor i didn't see the loss to pavlik coming, truthfully i think that kelly is tailor made for a boxer puncher like JT but he just didn't have the stamina to finish him. i dont think he was ever over rated before his loss to kelly but we were al a bit quick to label him as the future dominant force at MW.

Comment

Hattons hype was becauseof the tszyu fight which i thought Kosta gave up and just did not want to fight anymore.as for jermain he has fought the best of he best so i definety dont think he wasoverated.

Comment

One guy beats Kostya Tsyzu and the other one beat Bernard Hopkins so it would be really hard to overrate either one.

Before their losses, they deserved the hype even with both's glaring lack of fundamentals.

Comment

I think Hatton was before the Mayweather fight but Taylor's rep was where it should have been IMO. He was under quite a lot of criticism for his performance against Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  One guy beats Kostya Tsyzu and the other one beat Bernard Hopkins so it would be really hard to overrate either one.

Before their losses, they deserved the hype even with both's glaring lack of fundamentals.
                  i agree.... hop had what 20 consecutive defenses? and JT broke that as well as won in a rematch

and hatton's only losses were to the p4p #1s at the time... so thats not too bad!

Comment

I think Hatton was.
                    Jermain Taylor, No.

Comment

Working...
                    X