Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I'll write some stuff in here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work at a gym. I'm the manager and I open up at 5am. Then I get a break during the day (sometimes I have bjj at this time, sometimes I lift and do cardio) and I go back to work later on.

Anyway, back to the journal. Today is Friday, no BJJ today. Last night I went to a workshop with BJJ blackbelt David Adiv. He came to our school. He focused on working the open guard without the gi and I learned alot of principles I hadn't previously known. Hopefully this will help my no-gi game, and it will definately help my bottom game which I beleive is lacking. I didn't do any live training last night, just some light drilling and tried to absorb as much as possible from the workshop. 4 guys got their blue belts last night and I think I'll get mine at the next workshop which is about a month from now. I just have to keep working hard.

I've got alot of stuff going on today and tomorrow, but I'm going to try to train both Saturday and Sunday. If I can't do both days I'm definately going to do at least one. Saturday is open mat day and Sunday is a regular class. Then Monday I go in the morning for no-gi.

I'm seeing definate improvement in my game and it's proof that the hard work is paying off. Till next time...

Comment

Today is Sat. May 10. I went to open mat and did alright. I worked some techniques with one guy for a while, practicing stuff that we have gone over lately in class. Then I rolled live with a blue belt and that was pretty good. He was lighter than me but we had some good rolls. I did well. My instructor beat my ass a bunch of times and then I was done for the day. Not a real tough day but got some quality rolling in. Also I was watching a teammate of mine who will be competing in the ADCC... he's gonna be tough.

Anyway, I hope to train tomorrow as well but I don't know if I will or not. It depends on what family has lined up since its mother's day and all. Till next time...

Comment

good ****, keep it up LB! whos your friend whos competing in adcc?

Comment

I train with him, his name is Mike Mrkulic. We don't really know eachother but he goes to the same gym as me. He also has his own school, he is a purple belt. He seems like a cool guy.

Comment

Today is Tuesday. I didn't train Monday because I only had 4 hours sleep and I was too tired.

I'm training tonight at 7:30pm. Lifted this morning after work.

Comment

It's 2:00pm on Wednesday, just got home from BJJ.

Training last night went well. We worked on getting back into guard from knee in the belly and sidemount. We also worked on 93 guard and how to do a few gi chokes, the kimura, and a few sweeps from that position. Overall it was a great class and I did well rolling live at the end of class.

Today(wednesday) we went over the same stuff as last night. Rolling live I did well although it was against less experienced guys. I was able to effectively work my submissions though, which I was happy about. My positions are improving as well. I was able to more effectively hold the mount, side mount and north/south positions.

What I really need to work on is protecting my neck. Too often I let the guy grab my lapel and I almost get choked out all the time. That's all for today.... going to take a nap and then lift tonight around 7:30pm. Till next time...

Comment

Worked all weekend so I couldn't train.... Trained today at 11 am.

Did no-gi today, felt great to be back on the mats. Today was a short training session and class was taught by one of the purple belts because my instructor hasn't gotten home from Brazil yet. He was there coaching a teammate at ADCC.

I learned a new way to take the kneebar from the half guard. I learned a simple counter to the kneebar also, but a cool counter to the counter. Already tried it out and I like it alot.

Rolled live and was pleased with how I did. Haven't rolled without the gi in a while but I have to get used to it since I'm doing a tournament in August that is strictly no-gi. Worked my kneebars nice and hit a few toe holds. Still having problems finishing the straight ankle lock but I'll get there. Worked well with taking the back and transitioning to an armlock. Can't wait to train tomorrow.

That's all for today. Training tomorrow night at 7:30 pm. Till next time...

Comment

Working...
                X