Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: I Was Able To Stand With GGG, I'll Be Too Good For Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Kell needs to watch the replay with his good eye if he thinks he stood with Golovkin.

Had to clinch for dear life within 90 seconds to avoid being KOed. Put on his ass in the 3rd, even though it wasn't called. (He was in the ring, he knows what really happened) Got his face broken up, and needed his corner to save him. That's not exactly "standing with" GGG. I hope he dont plan to stand with Spence like that

Comment

He was the 1st boxer to actualy take the fight to ggg instead of just trying to survive rounds

Comment

This "Moral Victory" over GGG is getting Ridiculous

Comment

I'm still pissed that his corner had no faith in him

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Maybe Kell needs to watch the replay with his good eye if he thinks he stood with Golovkin.

Had to clinch for dear life within 90 seconds to avoid being KOed. Put on his ass in the 3rd, even though it wasn't called. (He was in the ring, he knows what really happened) Got his face broken up, and needed his corner to save him. That's not exactly "standing with" GGG. I hope he dont plan to stand with Spence like that
            worst reflection of that fight ever.

Comment

Brook needs to forget about Golovkin altogether. They are talking way too much about that fight - even at the presser with Spencer.
              The other day Brook was talking about rematching Gennady... I mean.. it was a high-risk experiment the first time that went quite badly for him. Don't blame him for that, but he should focus on fighters at 147 and maybe 154. I don't know why are they going back to Golovkin fight - it's not like they can take too much out of it.

Comment

Brook is correct in everything he says regarding the fight with 3G, we applaud you. But your not stepping in the ring with a power puncher, or a man that rely's on his size to be able to take hits. No No No my friend your stepping in there with the neXT generation of fighters. He has pin point accuracy, solid movement, & when you're looking for Spence right hand your getting KO'd with the left. Boxing may have started in Britain, but it became a science in the Americas.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Have you ever had a broken orbital bone? I guess you thought Ortiz quit vs Lopez... even though the doc said if he not gotten to the ER when he did, he'd have bled out. IOW died. You jacklegs and your wacko 'he quit' b.s. need to just shut the he!! up. Your boring b.s. has long since gotten old and tired.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Didn't ortiz break his jaw?

With regards to the orbital bone, they knew it I think in round 2 or 3. it was irresponsible to let him continue in the first place, but we saw Brook giving GGG work in every round, even with one eye.

Embarrassing to hear when someone says he quit.
                  Yes Ortiz did get a broken jaw in the Lopez fight. He had left his mouth open for a sec there, right when Lopez landed a solid shot. But yeah, indeed embarrassing when an alleged fan of boxing starts in with the 'quitter' b.s., but really, sometimes the boxing scribes say that too quick also, just to create sensationalism in an article, so they'll become known as more 'notorious' or 'maverick' as scribes. Either way though, total b.s. IMO. Live to fight another day should be every fan's motto.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    He made GGG look as average as Danny made him look for a bit there. I know you GGGaholics can't stand any fighter schooling your idol... even for a couple rounds... but hey... it happened. Now stop sobbing and just get ready for Canelo to launch your hero into his own orbit around earth.

Planet GGG

Ha

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Getting called a GGGaholic, that's a new one.
                    No worries friend, just my wacky sense of humor.

Comment

I guess all of Golovkin's previous opponents could say the same thing. I don't think this is the fight you use to sell the Spence fight. He could have said, I went to America and beat a decent fighter in Porter so I can do better in my own ba against a less accomplished fighter. I guess he hasn't got the memo that Golovkin isn't really the Boogeyman anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X