No announcement yet.

This was a quick cash grab.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    No shit. I thought everyone knew that? Last time Chavez fought a decent opponent was a couple years ago against Fonfara and he got KOd. He obviously didn't earn himself a big PPV. But he's Mexican and has the Chavez name on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Mo money Mo money Mo money.

What was brilliant was the tactic by Golden Boy/Canelo to announce the Golovkin fight minutes after the fight and immediately everyone has already forgotten about the PPV ripoff with Chavez and how shitty of a fight it was lol. Gotta hand it to them, that was fucking brilliant because now everyone is excited about September. I would have been pissed if I bought that PPV, but now we're all talking about the real fight in September!
    Co signed! So beautifully planned! I didn't pay for the fight so i lucked out lol. I knew what chavez would bring to the table. Nothing! Nada!

Comment

I wouldn't say it was a dive but half way through the fight, Chavez was looking for a way out. He probably thought he was going to give it a go in the first 5 rounds and when that didn't work he would bail out.

Chavez threw a pathetic 302 punches in 12 rounds. Landing 77 of them. That is such a pitiful effort. Chavez threw 11 punches in round 4. That's the sign of a guy who quit.

He made Canelo, who is slow and flat footed, look like Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Made upwards of 10 mil for the worst performance I've seen in a PPV Main Event. He's disgraced himself. But he got rich doing it.
        Hey man don't let Canelo/Golden Boy off the hook for Chavez's crappy performance because they knew exactly what they were signing up for. In fact, they chose him for exactly that reason - extremely low risk with huge reward.

Canelo could have fought anyone he wanted to tonight, including Golovkin, but he chose Chavez, a guy who's​ done absolutely nothing since getting KOd against​ Fonfara, who has looked terrible in recent years (literally hasn't looked good since round 12 against Martinez in 2012).

Of course Chavez is going to jump on the opportunity to pocket millions of dollars since his career has been practically dead since losing to Fonfara. This is all Canelo and Golden Boy.

Comment

No shit. I thought everyone knew that? Last time Chavez fought a decent opponent was a couple years ago against Fonfara and he got KOd. He obviously didn't earn himself a big PPV. But he's Mexican and has the Chavez name on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Mo money Mo money Mo money.

What was brilliant was the tactic by Golden Boy/Canelo to announce the Golovkin fight minutes after the fight and immediately everyone has already forgotten about the PPV ripoff with Chavez and how shitty of a fight it was lol. Gotta hand it to them, that was fucking brilliant because now everyone is excited about September. I would have been pissed if I bought that PPV, but now we're all talking about the real fight in September!
          great point...

That was a great move, and totally worked on me.. when the ppv ended I was stoked about September

Comment

Hey man don't let Canelo/Golden Boy off the hook for Chavez's crappy performance because they knew exactly what they were signing up for. In fact, they chose him for exactly that reason - extremely low risk with huge reward.

Canelo could have fought anyone he wanted to tonight, including Golovkin, but he chose Chavez, a guy who's​ done absolutely nothing since getting KOd against​ Fonfara, who has looked terrible in recent years (literally hasn't looked good since round 12 against Martinez in 2012).

Of course Chavez is going to jump on the opportunity to pocket millions of dollars since his career has been practically dead since losing to Fonfara. This is all Canelo and Golden Boy.
            Well give them credit for gypping a lot of folks. They got two mexicans together on a big stage with a lot of mexicans americans excited for a chance to see the fight which turned into a ****show only to detract the viewers with the finale of GGG vs Canelita in the end

Comment

I agree, twitter is blowing up about GGG vs Canelo. I think it does good ppv numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                great point...

That was a great move, and totally worked on me.. when the ppv ended I was stoked about September
                Same here. But I was telling people the most interesting thing about the PPV would be the post fight interview - to see what Canelo says about Golovkin. So I was right on the money with that prediction!

I did however believe Chavez would have atleast a round or two of pressing the action real good and show some heart, because of his pride and the rivalry with Canelo, but nope, couldn't even manage that. But hey what should we expect from a guy who hasnt looked good since his round 12 against Sergio Martinez. Other than that he's been straight garbage since. I'm sure he's fine retiring and eat as much cereal and smoke as much weed as he wants, I wouldn't doubt this is the last time we see him fight (until he burns through a few million).

Comment

chavez jr was shopping right after the weigh in, dude was buying 40K watches for his entire family, that's in one of elie's videos. total cash grab.

Comment

Do you really have to pay this Chavez to take a dive? Really? I do agree with you doe.. THIS was a quick cash grab by Chavez. Six million dollars!!! And the only commitment he made was cutting his weight down to 164, for him he won after making the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      chavez jr was shopping right after the weigh in, dude was buying 40K watches for his entire family, that's in one of elie's videos. total cash grab.
                      Was he now? Then they proves my post below. As soon as he made the weight he knew that's it. He made his millions and no need to bother himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X