No announcement yet.

How to proceed with cut knuckles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Your wrapping poorly that's the only way you'd get damage on your knuckles.
    If you have to double up with your wrap (2 a hand) do it! Also add a sponge over the busted knuckle area. Make sure your wraps are CLEAN do NOT use dirty wraps on top of cuts you will get a secondary infection in the area and it will not heal.
    Wash your hands with a soap that's not loaded with dirty agents. Let them air out and don't over due using ointments. Once their cleaned properly do not use Hydrogen peroxide it has agents that will slow the healing process.

Your wraps and socks should be clean for every workout, smart conscientious
    fighters with smart trainers know that hand and foot problems can be avoided by keeping them clean.
    You should be able to use your wraps twice before washing them and they should be rolled up properly when removed.
    It takes an extra amount of time but it is YOU! If you don't care about YOU why should anyone else?
    Ray

good advice.

i'll also add that he should try and get his hands into dry gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Your wrapping poorly that's the only way you'd get damage on your knuckles.
      If you have to double up with your wrap (2 a hand) do it! Also add a sponge over the busted knuckle area. Make sure your wraps are CLEAN do NOT use dirty wraps on top of cuts you will get a secondary infection in the area and it will not heal.
      Wash your hands with a soap that's not loaded with dirty agents. Let them air out and don't over due using ointments. Once their cleaned properly do not use Hydrogen peroxide it has agents that will slow the healing process.

Your wraps and socks should be clean for every workout, smart conscientious
      fighters with smart trainers know that hand and foot problems can be avoided by keeping them clean.
      You should be able to use your wraps twice before washing them and they should be rolled up properly when removed.
      It takes an extra amount of time but it is YOU! If you don't care about YOU why should anyone else?
      Ray
      Great advice. I am the only one around that takes the time to roll up my wraps as I take them off. It may be slower now but it's faster the next time you want them.

Definitely haven't been washing as frequently as you suggest, probably once a week, so I will definitely wash them more per every two workouts.

It's interesting how such simplistic things can go a long way. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X