No announcement yet.

Canelo isnt the class of Mexican boxing, Mares is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo isnt the class of Mexican boxing, Mares is

Canelo just isn't as good as advertised. I honestly thought he was better than that. His footwork is crap, his handspeed is poor, he looked sloppy and wild at numerous points and his stamina is god-awful. Good for him he'll be fighting in a division where he will outweigh most fighters. I thought he won the fight by a round due to the knockdown but compared to what Mares has done, I think its time for us to realize the truth. Mares is the future of Mexican boxing. He actually has a chance to be great. Canelo, on the other hand, is much rawer than I thought.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Canelo just isn't as good as advertised. I honestly thought he was better than that. His footwork is crap, his handspeed is poor, he looked sloppy and wild at numerous points and his stamina is god-awful. Good for him he'll be fighting in a division where he will outweigh most fighters. I thought he won the fight by a round due to the knockdown but compared to what Mares has done, I think its time for us to realize the truth. Mares is the future of Mexican boxing. He actually has a chance to be great. Canelo, on the other hand, is much rawer than I thought.
    for some unknown reason Nelo is very popular.

It makes almost no sense when you consider how this guy doesn't even fight like a Mexican. When was the last time you seen a Mexican with stamina that awful? A Mexican who retreats to the ropes against a "cutie" who severely lacks punching power. A Mexican who can't cut a damn ring off

His power is also overrated

Comment

Then he gets on his bike in the 12th round knowing he was ahead on the scorecards completely going against the precedence Erik Morales set.

Comment

the hate is strong in the air.

relax people, sleep on it, come back in a few days.

LMFAO yes lets compare a 122lb fighter to a 154lb fighter LOL.

Clowns, take your lost like a man, trout did.

Comment

He young doe, to be fair.

What do you expect of a 22 year old? Not everyone can be Benitez.

I scored the fight for Trout (no complaints from me with the verdict though, except the 118-109 card), and Canelo obviously has a few flaws, but he also has a looong time to iron them out.

How many 22 year olds make it to the top of their division? It's a good division too. I think he could really turn out to be something special if he paces himself better and maybe works on his stamina.

Comment

GBP have done a good job hyping this kid up

He spent near the entire fight throwing one punch at a time, with no combos. Horrible stamina, terrible workrate, defence is average and he's not very fast and his timing didn't impress, bar that one jab to the body.

He has heavy hands and that's about it.

Comment

Mares isn't exactly absent of Golden Boy protection either. There isn't a fighter in boxing that fights dirtier than Mares, and he is allowed to get away with it.

Mares is definitely leagues better than Alvarez though.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                for some unknown reason Nelo is very popular.

It makes almost no sense when you consider how this guy doesn't even fight like a Mexican. When was the last time you seen a Mexican with stamina that awful? A Mexican who retreats to the ropes against a "cutie" who severely lacks punching power. A Mexican who can't cut a damn ring off

His power is also overrated
                I can't believe that he has had nearly as many fights as Mayweather, and still, Trout is his first real test. He's the Mexican version of Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  He young doe, to be fair.

What do you expect of a 22 year old? Not everyone can be Benitez.

I scored the fight for Trout (no complaints from me with the verdict though, except the 118-109 card), and Canelo obviously has a few flaws, but he also has a looong time to iron them out.

How many 22 year olds make it to the top of their division? It's a good division too. I think he could really turn out to be something special if he paces himself better and maybe works on his stamina.
                  Yea, not everyone can be a Benitez, Floyd, Oscar, Roy etc. But canelo is supposed to be that supposedly. He's supposed to be the next big Mexican star. I don't see it. Not at all. This was supposed to be his coming out fight, Almost all great fighters have one about this age, even the likes of nonito donaire had his against darchinyan. If u say this was a coming out for canelo then that was a huge disappointment. I mean what can anyone say this kid does great? I tried to find one thing in the fight that he did great. Its not there. No hate, but what he was hyped up to be, he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    Yea, not everyone can be a Benitez, Floyd, Oscar, Roy etc. But canelo is supposed to be that supposedly. He's supposed to be the next big Mexican star. I don't see it. Not at all. This was supposed to be his coming out fight, Almost all great fighters have one about this age, even the likes of nonito donaire had his against darchinyan. If u say this was a coming out for canelo then that was a huge disappointment. I mean what can anyone say this kid does great? I tried to find one thing in the fight that he did great. Its not there. No hate, but what he was hyped up to be, he isn't.
                    Well I agree really. I think he's got the potential to get there though. Maybe not to the level of Floyd and Roy, but Oscar and Benitez? Who knows?

Unless he's hiding a legitimate glass chin (may be a while until we find out, he's got a solid defense and not exactly a murderers row lined up for competition), there's nothing that he can't work on.

The marketing is probably going to turn some against him. He's obviously not the finished product GBP are going out of their way to pretend he is. Actually I find that quite tiresome, I'm never going to be his biggest fan. That's for sure.

However, the way he's being bought up is reminiscent of young JCC. Writing him off right now could be a bit premature.

Comment

Working...
                    X