Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else take a a shot of vodka, yak or whisky to clear up congestion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Homemade chicken soup
    What kind of chicken?

There's the commercially raised chicken and there's the native chicken in our country.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
      What kind of chicken?

There's the commercially raised chicken and there's the native chicken in our country.
      I go to ths place where the chickens are alive tell them what I want come back in a half hour and my pollo is ready.

Comment

I go to ths place where the chickens are alive tell them what I want come back in a half hour and my pollo is ready.
        I do this for chicken soup otherwise I buy Perdue.
        Last edited by -jose-; 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM.

Comment

That's cool. Here's how I cook my chicken soup...

On a very minimum ampount of cookimg oil, saute' onion, garlic and lots of ginger then put the chicken and sliced unripe papaya then put enough amount of water. When it boils, put salt and chili pepper leaves and crushed chili pepper(this one is optional). Leave it boiling until the meat is soft enough and keep tasting, either add salt or water depending on your preferred taste.

Comment

That's cool. Here's how I cook my chicken soup...

On a very minimum ampount of cookimg oil, saute' onion, garlic and lots of ginger then put the chicken and sliced unripe papaya then put enough amount of water. When it boils, put salt and chili pepper leaves and crushed chili pepper(this one is optional). Leave it boiling until the meat is soft enough and keep tasting, either add salt or water depending on your preferred taste.
            just copied your recipe, mine is similar but that slice unripe papaya is something new to me and now that we're on the subject the Philippine therapist that works with me brings in this soup once in a while that doesn't smell to pleasant but is one of the must delicious soup I've ever tasted, very spicy once he comes in I'll ask him the name.

Comment

Yea, I've tried it. It doesn't work. A stuffy nose is a motherfucker and there really isn't much to do for it.

For a sore throat, spicy food helps but I just keep popping Fisherman's Friend. Funny thing is of all the years I've been taking this stuff, I didn't know there were different flavors until I googled pictures of it.

Comment

I don't necessarily recommend it for a true cold, but I get congested. Especially for a congested throat, it does help. Not that I invented it, people have done it for years. There are also home cold remedies that include liquor.

Comment

just copied your recipe, mine is similar but that slice unripe papaya is something new to me and now that we're on the subject the Philippine therapist that works with me brings in this soup once in a while that doesn't smell to pleasant but is one of the must delicious soup I've ever tasted, very spicy once he comes in I'll ask him the name.
                  Some people prefers sayote and I assume you know what sayote is and yeah I like my soup spicy. Yes please I'm curious with this soup your pinoy friend shares with you.

Comment

Some people prefers sayote and I assume you know what sayote is and yeah I like my soup spicy. Yes please I'm curious with this soup your pinoy friend shares with you.
                    its called Sinegan and by coincidence he brought some today.

Comment

its called Sinegan and by coincidence he brought some today.
                      That's sinigang which means a soup. What kind of sinigang? I mean what's the meat?

Comment

Working...
                      X