No announcement yet.

Obama COMPROMISES on birth control issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Once again Obama showing he's weak and bends under pressure or criticism. Who gives a damn what some loony church thinks? I guess no one's heard of separation of church and state
    no one?

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
      not true, cuauth i like you but youve tried that line on me before...

its not america, stop sounding naive. you know as well as i do he would lose the catholic church and then some without this decision. does it mean he'd auto lose? no but it makes his odds a lot worse than he wants them and this decision shows that.
      I have tried that line and you busted me on it. I'm getting past my prime as a poster.

I'm also getting long winded and I'm thinking about hanging my e-gloves up and riding off into the sunset. I'm getting too much scar tissue to continue. I'm like the Israel Vasquez of BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        I have tried that line and you busted me on it. I'm getting past my prime as a poster.

I'm also getting long winded and I'm thinking about hanging my e-gloves up and riding off into the sunset. I'm getting too much scar tissue to continue. I'm like the Israel Vasquez of BS.

hahahah sad truth is cuauh, well all are anymore

at least you're man enough to realize it...

Comment

Contraception, truly the foremost evil of modern times

Comment

its not america, stop sounding naive. you know as well as i do he would lose the catholic church and then some without this decision. does it mean he'd auto lose? no but it makes his odds a lot worse than he wants them and this decision shows that.
            No I don't. catholics aren't going to go crazy about this silly issue. 98% of catholics have used birth control, 73% of catholic democrats agree that employers should be required to offer health plans that cover contraception at no cost and 58 percent of Catholics agree in general.

This really isn't that big of an issue that media makes it out to be.

Comment

I think that's kind of the point isn't it? LOL

The government shouldn't force any religious organization to do something that goes against their theological beliefs.
              umm, no one would be forcing anyone to do anything. The point is the option is there for people who want it. You don't want it, then don't. It's not like all catholics oppose birth control, in fact most use birth control (98%).

Comment

umm, no one would be forcing anyone to do anything. The point is the option is there for people who want it. You don't want it, then don't. It's not like all catholics oppose birth control, in fact most use birth control (98%).
                I will take that number as legit because I haven't done any research on it but you are missing the point.

While hypocritical if it's true, the reality is that the catholic church opposes birth control so it doesn't matter what the members do, it's what the right of the church is as an establishment that represents a certain theology (in this specific case one that opposes birth control)

I'm sure there's a lot of Muslims who eat pork, smoke cigarettes and have sex out of marriage but you couldn't force a Mosque into serving pork or having a wet t-shirt contest.

Comment

No I don't. catholics aren't going to go crazy about this silly issue. 98% of catholics have used birth control, 73% of catholic democrats agree that employers should be required to offer health plans that cover contraception at no cost and 58 percent of Catholics agree in general.

This really isn't that big of an issue that media makes it out to be.
                  i said catholic church, not catholics

regardless of validity of the church's influence on its congregation... when the catholic church speaks apparently even the messiah listens

Comment

i said catholic church, not catholics

regardless of validity of the church's influence on its congregation... when the catholic church speaks apparently even the messiah listens
                    Bingo......damn homie, I just basically said that.

Comment

I'm sure there's a lot of Muslims who eat pork, smoke cigarettes and have sex out of marriage but you couldn't force a Mosque into serving pork or having a wet t-shirt contest.
                      that's a really poor example comrade because what obama would have done wouldn't be forcing catholics to take birth control or anything like that, only it would require that OPTION is there for them provided by their employer, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                      X