What's up with the Pirog love?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    where did I say priog is top 3?

The ONLY reason Macklin is fighting Martinez is because he's also promoted by dibella which is an in-house fight and because Martinez will beat him. That's it.
    Yeah Martinez is fighting Macklin because both of them are promoted by Dibella, but IMO it's not a bad fight at all. People are forgetting that Macklin went to Germany to fight Sturm and gave a great fight, and in fact won the fight for many boxing fans.

I do believe that Martinez will beat Macklin, but I also believe that he could beat Pirog. The main problem with Pirog is that his only good fight was against Jacobs, so why isn't Proska rated higher even though he went to Germany and destroyed Sylvester in 3 rounds (not a great boxer, but not a bum nor a prospect either, he was still a rough hard to beat boxer)

Comment

All you have to do is watch Pirog to know he's a good fighter and better than Barker or Macklin.

Further, Martinez says he wants to fight Chavez jr. because he has his belt. Well what about Pirog? Doesn't he have his belt too? But he says he doesn't want to fight pirog because he stole his belt or whatever, that doesn't make any sense.

I want the fight for several reasons:

1). It's a unification bout most importantly. Isn't that what we boxing fans want, a single unified champ?

2). It's a very interesting match stylistically. Pirog has never fought anyone like Martinez and Martinez has never fought anyone like Pirog.

3). There aren't many other guys for Martinez to fight in the division. Forget Macklin, as far as I'm concerned there is Pirog, Golovkin & Kid Chocolate.
      actually, I think Macklin is a decent fighter and a pretty bad style matchup for Martinez. I think hes having a bit more trouble in this fight than people are expecting.

Dont get me wrong man, I want Martinez to fight Pirog for the reasons you listed too. and I think hes a good fighter, no doubt. But the reality is resume wise he doesnt stand out from many of the other guys at MW. He is better than Barker though, Martinez shouldnt have wasted his time in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
        Yeah Martinez is fighting Macklin because both of them are promoted by Dibella, but IMO it's not a bad fight at all. People are forgetting that Macklin went to Germany to fight Sturm and gave a great fight, and in fact won the fight for many boxing fans.

I do believe that Martinez will beat Macklin, but I also believe that he could beat Pirog. The main problem with Pirog is that his only good fight was against Jacobs, so why isn't Proska rated higher even though he went to Germany and destroyed Sylvester in 3 rounds (not a great boxer, but not a bum nor a prospect either, he was still a rough hard to beat boxer)
        Dude, nobody is forgetting Macklin was robbed by Sturm, that's all they know about him. What people forget is that Macklin is a vet and a proven Euro level operator. What other Macklin fights impressed you the most?

Sturm is a synonym for cherrypicker, only Soto can contend. If Macklin was world class, Sturm wouldn't have fought him. He's been a "champ" for how many years, and his best defense is Sylvester?! So Macklin accomplished something only equaled by Gevor, Randy Johnson, Martin Murray, and only surpassed by Castillejo.

Comment

Give him a break (pirog)....after all he's still a prospect. I for one can't wait to see him in the ring again.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Dude, nobody is forgetting Macklin was robbed by Sturm, that's all they know about him. What people forget is that Macklin is a vet and a proven Euro level operator. What other Macklin fights impressed you the most?

Sturm is a synonym for cherrypicker, only Soto can contend. If Macklin was world class, Sturm wouldn't have fought him. He's been a "champ" for how many years, and his best defense is Sylvester?! So Macklin accomplished something only equaled by Gevor, Randy Johnson, Martin Murray, and only surpassed by Castillejo.
            Exactly, I'm not saying Macklin is the best or had the best fights, but here I'm making a comparison between Pirog's resume and Macklin's resume and IMO Macklin's fight against Sturm is a lot more important than Pirog's fight against Jacobs.

Comment

Pirog has done nothing to deserve nothing. So ppl can hype him all they want. Don't mean sh it.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                Exactly, I'm not saying Macklin is the best or had the best fights, but here I'm making a comparison between Pirog's resume and Macklin's resume and IMO Macklin's fight against Sturm is a lot more important than Pirog's fight against Jacobs.
                So you have a 40+ fight vet and a green 19 fight champ, both with one notable win. One is proven short of world class, the other unproven. I'd be more intrigued with a Pirog fight, I think Macklin is a foregone conclusion. I too was impressed with his effort against Sturm, but not that impressed, gave you my reasons above. And I'm not sure Sturm is a much better win than Jacobs, I don't see Jacobs losing to Martin Murray, Gevor and the like.

I agree Macklin is a better fight for Sergio, both risk and reward wise. But are we really gonna see him fight Dz, Barker, Macklin and Lee in a row?

Comment

and who knew sergio before kermit cintron was nice enough to give him a fight? A few months prior sergio was fighting a guy who was 14-10 and a couple fights before that a guy who was 3-34. Everyone deserves their shot at some point and being that the MW division is so poor at the moment, why not now?
                  Who has Kermit Cintron really beat ever in that case.

Comment

Because he is clearly more skilled than the other fighters in the division. It's that simple. We want to see the best fights supposedly, although I'm realising more and more that people on NSB don't actually want to see good fights between the best, they only want to see their fighter beat anyone that they can pretend was good.

It's simple. Years ago, when Mayweather was coming up, people saw him and wanted him fighting the best guys straight away because you can see he's incredibly skilled. You want to see how he handles the best guys and how the best guys handle him. That's what boxing is about, to me at least. Maybe not to you guys that would rather see him in with Macklin.

Pirog is a great fighter and has proven his skills hold up against top contenders. I want to see how well it holds up agains the best in the division, just as I want to see how Martinez can handle it. I don't give a toss about Macklin. We have seen that fight before. Limited brawler, no punching power, Martinez wins easy possibly by late TKO. There is nothing new there, apart from the old adage of 'anything can happen in boxing' and Macklin's only chance is that that 'anything' does happen.

We don't know what will happen in the Pirog/Sexy fight. DOes that make anyone else want to see it?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Because he is clearly more skilled than the other fighters in the division. It's that simple. We want to see the best fights supposedly, although I'm realising more and more that people on NSB don't actually want to see good fights between the best, they only want to see their fighter beat anyone that they can pretend was good.

It's simple. Years ago, when Mayweather was coming up, people saw him and wanted him fighting the best guys straight away because you can see he's incredibly skilled. You want to see how he handles the best guys and how the best guys handle him. That's what boxing is about, to me at least. Maybe not to you guys that would rather see him in with Macklin.

Pirog is a great fighter and has proven his skills hold up against top contenders. I want to see how well it holds up agains the best in the division, just as I want to see how Martinez can handle it. I don't give a toss about Macklin. We have seen that fight before. Limited brawler, no punching power, Martinez wins easy possibly by late TKO. There is nothing new there, apart from the old adage of 'anything can happen in boxing' and Macklin's only chance is that that 'anything' does happen.

We don't know what will happen in the Pirog/Sexy fight. DOes that make anyone else want to see it?
                      Tek dem pounches, haters.

Comment

Working...
                      X